Business Development Manager
A leading oil and gas services company are looking for a Business Development Manager to lead the strategic development and execution of sales strategies and enhance brand presence for their product and system solutions.
The Business Development Manager will have a strong understanding of oil and gas operator contracting strategies and vendor approval process.
The Business Development Manager will work with internal teams to identify and close target opportunities and accounts.
The Business Development Manager should have demonstrable understanding of the offshore drilling and production equipment market, especially related to subsea drilling, downhole tools, subsea production systems, and various riser systems (marine, top tension, completion).
Relevant business development experience
- Team leadership, hunting/lead generation/prospecting, solution-based selling, identification of target customers and complex multi-year contracts
- Responsible for overall accountability for business growth within assigned leads, opportunities, target accounts, and geographic areas
- Spearhead sales pursuits all the way to client wins, ensuring smooth transition to account management and project management teams
- Deliver market beating technology and commercial solutions, services and portfolios
- Sell through pricing compression and maintain high margins on new sales while navigating around sales barriers of entry
- Be aware of the competitive landscape, market pricing and competitive strategies.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and listening skills
- Engage internal stakeholders to help create market beating customer solutions
- Possess strong technical acumen and understanding of subsea products and equipment
- Present and explain products and their value relative to competitor products.
- Manage long term relationships with customers, prospects, and market contacts.
Strategic Sales Planning
- Develop and manage a sales strategy for a geographic region including forecasting, quota attainment, sales presentations, short-term, mid-term, and long-term opportunity management
- Leverage and conduct market research and other market insight to prepare tailored capture plans for targeted markets and opportunities
- Formulate and execute growth strategies within accounts, markets, and product segments.
- Account planning, booking forecasts and opportunity management
- Prospect new opportunities via established relationships, partners, marketing and general networking
- Participate in trade shows and local area networking events
- Strong skills in prospecting, replacing an incumbent vendor, and protecting one's turf.
- Network with other partners to augment sales (SURF contractors, creative financing, etc.)
- Skilled at building strategic alliances and partnerships
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors in Engineering or Business Administration, degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Knowledge of offshore oil and gas drilling and production technology
- Minimum 10 years proven success in solution-based selling, preferably related to complex oil & gas equipment solutions
- Proficient with MS Office applications
If this staff opportunity in Perth, Australia is of interest to you, please don't hesitate to apply now.
Please note, this is not an expat package and as such, the succesful candidate will have the right to work in Australia.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32903