Our client, large multinational oil & gas organization is looking to add a Construction/Commissioning Hot Tap & Stopple Engineer for a 12 month renewable independent contract. This expat opportunity will be based in Georgia, with a 6/2 rotation. Flights, camp, visas etc. are provided.
This senior individual will serve as a focal point for the pipeline intervention work required for tying in and de-oiling. This includes overseeing all aspects of technical execution, coordinating with inspectors, commissioning managers and construction representatives to ensure proper quality of deliverables.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to HSSE including HSSE values and behaviours with a deep understanding of working in a brownfield live hydrocarbon environment.
- Support the successful delivery of the pipeline de-oiling and tie-in scope overseeing site works.
- Support oversight and site technical assurance of relevant consultants, contractors and vendors involved in the de-oiling and tie-in work scope including making hot taps, line stop installation and removal, pigging and cleaning of pipeline and line fill.
- Assist the de-oiling and commissioning manager, senior pipeline engineer and project engineer in reviewing and advising on work packs, deviation requests and other technical submissions.
- Providing pipeline project engineering expertise in support of: construction planning, management of risks of activities pipeline engineering.
- Active participation in project learning cycle.
- Support project internal and external reviews (e.g. PHSSER, start-up assurance reviews (SUAR), operational readiness reviews (ORR), etc.) as requested and ensuring assigned actions arising are closed out in a timely fashion
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer (Degree)
- Professional engineering registration or chartership strongly preferred
- Minimum 15 years' experience in the O&G construction industry
- Minimal 15 years in pipeline construction and commissioning supervision
- Extensive knowledge of International Standards (such as B31.4) which form the basis for pipeline construction project specifications and production methods, quality assurance and welding technology used in Oil and Gas pipeline construction.
- Profound knowledge of and commitment to field construction safety
- Deep experience in pipeline construction within extreme environments (e.g. steep terrain, narrow ridges)
- Minimum 10 years' experience in control of work and safety systems in HC and brownfield works
- Experience in multi-cultural work environments, in particular Georgia and Azerbaijan
- Senior pipeline and welding inspector credentials (CWI) or experience equivalent strongly preferred
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30715