Company: Oil and Gas Operator
Business Function / Delivery Team: Project Controls
Work Location: Azerbaijan/Residential. Permanent position
Please Note: due to current travel restrictions, only Azeris nationals will be considered for the position
To develop & maintain resource loaded schedules for the main project scope from first principles in collaboration with the construction teams, commissioning teams and operations
- Ensure key planning deliverables are developed, maintained, assessed, and communicated
- Ensure contractor compliance with contractual planning, scheduling and reporting requirements detailed within the Project Coordination Procedures (PCP)
- Produce good quality, robust, salient & succinct written reports and summary presentations - able to use helicopter vision to communicate clarity from complexity
- Assist in performing "what if" and/or risked scheduling scenarios (as required) to support development of alternative work sequences
- Assist in providing experience-based duration estimates as inputs to schedule risk analysis (SRA) exercises.
- Provide input to the master control schedule (MCS)
- Recommend and obtain management approval for any project re-baselines and manage the supporting MOC processes.
- Provide assurance over contractor developed schedules ensuring progress and forecasting is accurately maintained.
- Ensure compliance with planning and scheduling practices and procedures
- Technical or Project Management degree
- Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Minimal 10 years construction planning experience on major Oil & Gas projects
- Prior construction/commissioning and/or Subsea related planning and scheduling experience on Oil & Gas facilities, with major project experience
- Previous experience of initial development / maintaining / reporting against a level 3 resource loaded execution schedule
- Proven track record of successfully working as part of a team of planning engineers in a project environment, supporting the development of others in the team.
- Substantial experience interfacing and working with construction, commissioning, engineering and operations personnel
- Significant experience working with internationally-based contractors
- Experience and demonstrable track record of being able to communicate planning information clearly to senior management and put in context of the overall project status to enable quality decision making (clarity from complexity)
- Primavera (P6) project planning software.
- Advanced influencing and communication skills in English language
- Membership or Chartered Status of a recognised professional body
- Sound background and experience in major projects planning processes
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client-led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH38158