Position Title: Marine Asset Engineer
Rotation: 6/2 rotation (Weeks)
Duration: Initial 12 month contract, possibility of extensions
- The Marine Asset Engineer is responsible for ensuring the Mechanical equipment and plant of all Marine Assets are supported and in compliance with Project and regulatory requirements
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure marine installation contractors provides correctly engineered solutions for required upgrades, reactivations and operation of marine vessels
- Work with Project Programme Managers to ensure upgrades and reactivations are suitable for the offshore execution requirements
- Monitor Contractor's activities during Scope of Work generation and CTR development
- Participate in overall bid evaluation process for contract award
- Monitor contractor performance and ensure all contractual requirements are complied with
- Perform effective interface between Company contracted equipment suppliers and Contractor
- Report regularly to senior management on the progress of works and any issues
- Ensures that all relevant requirements are complied with in terms of procedures and practices, Classification Society and State Marine Administration requirements
- Ensure all project risks are identified, plans developed and executed for their removal or reduction
- Evaluate performance of contractor and sub-contractors. Provide constructive feedback and intervention as required through oversight activities
- Integrate with contractor Asset management team to ensure transparency with respect to safety, progress, schedule, quality and cost
- Provides guidance, advice and training to project team, contractors, and third parties as required to ensure understanding of the vessel upgrade, reactivation and operation objectives.
- Continuous interrogation of schedule to ensure opportunities to maintain schedule are realised
- Assist contractor in re-scheduling activities or scope in order to maintain project schedule
- Review the contractor's engineering deliverables to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Monitor timesheets of Contractor Engineering team to ensure no overspend and an effective output
- Liaise directly with Company Safety, Quality, Cost, planning and management team to provide feedback in respective areas of interest
- Assist Contractor with Technical Queries related to upgrade and reactivation works
- Be focal point between Marine Asset department and installation contractor on mechanical matters
Academic /experience requirements:
- At least 8 years successful track record of upgrades on vessel mechanical systems including FEED and detailed design, installation and commissioning of marine power plants, mission equipment, propulsion and DP control systems
- Knowledge of current Class requirements and international marine standards
- Experience of managing large cross discipline projects and leading teams of specialist engineers / vendors
- Able to perform FMEA, HAZOP and HAZID studies
- Knowledge of internal processes, project controls and standards
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for the safety and well-being of everyone around them.
- Develops the safety and risk management skills of the Marine Asset team.
- Follows the requirements specified in OMS, and contribute to the delivery of safe, compliant and reliable operations.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and to local laws and regulations.
- Pursues systematic management through standardisation, clarification and the elimination of defects.
- Follows and upholds the rules and standards and holds others to account for doing the same thing.
- Plans carefully, make well-informed decisions and do the right thing.
- Fosters learning, the sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.