Position Title: Pipelines Marine and Subsea Construction Team Lead
SECTION 2: KEY ROLE
The Pipelines Construction Team Lead is a key member of the Pipelines PMT which is responsible for delivering the safe installation of pipeline systems in accordance with Q&HSE expectations. The Construction Team Lead is directly responsible for managing the offshore pipelay vessel spread operations.
SECTION 3: POSITION REPORTS TO
Line Manager: Pipelines Project Manager -
Functional Lead: Pipelines Project Manager -
SECTION 4: ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Pipelines Project Management Team (PMT) the Construction Team Lead will be responsible for:
- Implementing safe and efficient execution of project scopes
- Awareness and promotion of project goals in respect of HSE, cost, schedule & technical integrity
- Providing direction, motivation, support and leadership to project team members and contractors.
- Maintaining awareness and promotion of expectations of Safe Design and Quality Build and conformance to the Operating Management System
- Promoting an effective and collaborative working environment with a 'One Team' approach.
- Providing exemplary leadership to contractors and vendors to facilitate successful scope delivery,
- Delegate for the Pipelines Project Manager as and when required
Offshore Pipelines Construction Management
- Managing the readiness of pipelay spread including the reactivation and mobilisation of the pipelay barge and attendant vessels (Anchor Handlers (AHTs), Pipe Carriers (PCVs) and the Survey Vessel (MSV).
- Supporting the recruitment and developing a high performing offshore team to manage the Pipelay Barge operations
- Managing the vessel assurance process to ensure all vessels in the pipe-lay spread are fit for purpose and meet expectations
- Holding the Contractor to account to provide competent personnel and a high standard of resources to successfully complete the offshore pipelay operations
- Holding the Contractor to account for project execution performance and scope delivery
- Managing the offshore execution of pipe-lay operations including rigorous tracking of safety performance, schedule progress and SIMOPS planning
- Managing the execution schedule for pipelay activities whilst supporting the integrated Marine & Subsea schedule
- Managing communication with all stakeholders including operational assets to ensure the safe and efficient execution of the offshore operations
- Managing the assurance of HSE expectations for the pipe-lay operations including the Contractor Self Verification and Oversight process
- As a member of the Pipelines PMT the Construction Team Lead will be required to support general areas of delivery including:
- The development of National capability and building a competent Pipelines PMT to deliver the complete scope
- Support to general management of the Installation Contractor, Sub-contractors and Vendors
- Working closely with the appropriate project teams to resolve conflicts in the overall interest of the project delivery
- The capture of lessons learned and networking these in to the wider
SECTION 5: ACADEMIC / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Engineering degree and professional status accreditation with a recognised institution
- A minimum of 10years offshore pipeline engineering and construction experience
- Direct experience of managing anchored pipe-lay barge and attendant vessel spread operations
- Direct Client Representative experience managing offshore pipe-lay barge operations
- Proven capability of contractor management
- Experience with site management activities related to health, safety, and environmental issues
- Preferably experience with direct electrical heating cable (DEH) installation from an anchored pipelay barge
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30681