SECTION 1: POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: GSS Services Supervisor
WORKING LOCATION: Baku, Azerbaijan
WORKING PATTERN: 6/2 Rotation
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
SECTION 2: KEY ROLES
The GSS Services Supervisor will support the GSS Services PE by providing oversight and assurance that all BP equipment activities at supplier sites are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and to industry and BP standard requirements. These activities include testing, storage, maintenance, repair, mobilisation for offshore, and demobilisation.
Overview of the role:
- Provides oversight of activities at site;
- Expedites issues;
- Provide assurance of equipment – e.g. for offshore readiness (risk based activities).
SECTION 3: POSITION REPORTS TO
LINE MANAGER TITLE: GSS Services Project Engineer
SECTION 4: RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
- Provides oversight and input to BP on the day to day performance of the supplier site from a schedule and HSSE perspective;
- Raises HSSE / Quality observations as required and works with supplier to ensure they are closed out appropriately;
- Coordinates other BP issued suppliers on site;
- Monitors and oversees the Work In Progress Aftermarket Services scope deliveries;
- Provides weekly status updates for all workscopes to the Subsea Services PE;
- Ensures the supplier raises NCRs/FPRs as required and communicates these to the BP engineer;
- Submits eWells / safety observations;
- Perform a quality checking function for all equipment being completed under the GSS Aftermarket Services scope, i.e. testing, refurbishment and maintenance activities to prevent the passing on of defects;
- Interface closely with suppliers to ensure equipment is available for installation in accordance with offshore schedules;
- Ensure at all times a high standard for safety, quality and performance to ensure BP’s targets are met;
- Ensure that the supplier raises NCRs as required, and progressing their closure in a timely manner;
- Ensures all carry over work from delivery is executed in a timely and efficient manner;
- Demonstrates shared commitment to the success of the team and the wider organisation.
- Demonstrate active and exemplary personal leadership in HSSE across all aspects of the delivery scope and ensure compliance with the site safety management system;
- Actively participate in HSSE discussions both onsite with the suppliers and internally with BP personnel;
- Participate in regular audits/reviews and incident investigations as required.
Basic Skills required
- Competent in communicating in English both verbally and written
- Excellent inter-personal skills allowing seamless interaction with team members, discipline engineers & technicians
- Ability to produce written reports and procedures to high standards expected by Company.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power point, and Microsoft Visio
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Broad knowledge of subsea systems design, engineering, and operation;
- Significant experience working with, and maintaining, subsea / wells equipment and tooling hardware delivering to tight deadlines;
- Experience of developing and implementing procedures and work instructions;
- Excellent planning and coordination skills, while working with suppliers to meet offshore schedule requirements, without compromising safety and quality standards;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Process driven mentality with excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with multiple parties to promote a ‘One Team’ mentality and atmosphere;
- Supervisory experience working with suppliers;
- Familiar with industry standards related to subsea equipment manufacture and repair.
- Minimum HND (or equivalent) qualified in relevant discipline
- Offshore experience in a subsea role
- Operational experience of production and subsea processing systems
- Experience in Design and Fabrication of subsea / wells equipment
- Experience with testing, commissioning, and installing subsea / wells equipment
- Experience with Subsea Well Drilling and Completion Operations with a background in QA/QC and Aftermarket Operations
- Previous experience as Workshop Manager.
- Familiar with subsea horizontal XT systems, Installation Work over Control Systems (IWOCS), Subsea Control Modules (SCM), Flying Leads (EFLs/HFLs), and Manifolds.
- Familiar with Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) Tooling and Interfaces.
Ref No: BBBH29073