Senior Engineer - Gas Distribution Network
We are recruiting for a senior engineer to work with a leading refinery client of ours in Bahrain, The senior engineer will have experience working with gas distribution networks, to provide engineering support to maximise gas distribution network assets.
The engineer will supervise and direct the work of engineers in resolving the problems in the areas, associated facilities and the investment projects to implement engineering solutions.
- Managed and ensure all projects to engineers so that projects are completed on time and in budget
- Monitor the progress and give guidance to support engineers, designers and field supervisors
- Complete investigations of problems assigned by engineering services requests and provide cost estimates for the operation departments
- Ensure quality assurance of engineering outputs from directly supervised staff.
- Responsible for high quality engineering outputs
- Maintain integrity of engineering documentation by ensuring all relevant company standards are followed.
- Provide engineering inputs for planning and execution of gas distribution networks, whilst supporting other engineering teams in the implementation of their projects.
- Develop manage and implement projects after obtaining company approvals
- Prepare detailed specifications and designs in accordance with the relevant industry codes and standards
- Purchase systems and equipment to aid finalizing contracts in projects
- Complete investigations of problems assigned by the superintendent and provide cost estimates for the implementation of solutions
- Provide approved engineering drawings to carry out essential repairs
- Provide specifications to maintenance departments to purchase replacement equipment
- Participate in management of change review teams and lead HAZOP studies to ensure safe working and operating conditions of the plant.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in mechanical or chemical engineering
- 10 years of experience in project management in the oil and gas industry, particularly within gas distribution networks
- Experience in handling multiple projects and providing engineering support in a refinery environment
- A thorough knowledge of American and British design codes dand standards covering equipment and installation
- Positive attitude, leadership qualities, good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience providing clear and concise, letters, reports and proposals.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34151