Calgary based with rotational travel to field sites in Northern Alberta
Monday to Thursday
10 hour days
Reporting to the Manager, EHS In Situ you will be responsible to manage, identify, assess and communicate health risks to workers by planning, scheduling and conducting identified occupational hygiene monitoring projects for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Provide day-to-day technical advice, expertise and direction to stakeholders to ensure compliance to legislative requirements, industry and company standards.
- Conduct workplace assessments to identify, quantify and control risk to workers, property and equipment.
- Actively engage in the development, implementation and sustainment of occupational hygiene programs and processes that support the business
- Provide guidance on process and hazard management and control techniques
- Provide indirect influence and engagement with frontline supervisors in controlling health hazards
- Engage leadership, cross functional teams, and various subject matter experts during project development and planning phases by helping execute risk assessments, hazard identification, and hazard control plans
- Engage front line leaders and workers in evaluation, control, and education of health hazards, including communication of worker exposure results.
- Perform program effectiveness evaluations in assigned business areas.
- Review and approve vendor safety data sheets, and lead PPE trials in various business units and develop associated implementation plans.
- Ensure completion of annual work plan and evaluate annual compliance with legislative requirements as per the OHS Code.
- Support COVID-19 prevention through the development and implementation of programs to reduce potential transmission at In Situ sites
- Bachelor's degree in a science discipline with preference for a master's degree in occupational hygiene, and/or a Certified Industrial Hygienist/Registered Occupational Hygienist (or equivalent) professional designation.
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Experienced in occupational hygiene monitoring methods, assessments including: chemicals, noise, heat stress, lighting, ventilations systems, ergonomics, and abatement/ remediation activities.
- Passionate about providing solutions to complex issues utilizing proficient analytical, problem solving skills and independent judgment.
- Skilled technical writing and presentation skills to report monitored results to management.
- Excellent Microsoft office (excel, word, PowerPoint) skills.
- Self-starter with exceptional communication skills and ability to interact cross-functionally and with key stakeholders.
- Flexibility to shift focus and handle multiple tasks
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.