Our client, a leading Oil & Gas owner/operator organization is looking to add a Commissioning and Completions Manager to their team for a long term independent contract in Calgary.
The C&C Manager will report to the C&C Director and will play a focal interface point for all other team members. The C&C Manager will also assist and cover for the C&C Director as required. The C&C Manager is responsible to plan, develop and oversee the safe execution of all aspects of C&C activities. This individual will ensure that the areas are adhering to the schedule and priorities based on the developed plan. Reporting directly to the C&C Manager will be the C&C Area Coordinator as well as the RFO Manager.
- 15 - 20 years of experience in similar Commissioning roles in both Brownfield and/or Greenfield Projects
- Power Engineering Certificate or Journeyman trade ticket with sufficient Operations background
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a variety of Industrial backgrounds
- Strong working knowledge of OH&S Regulations
- Proven Leadership experience
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists the C&C Director to identify resource needs at key project phases and to develop Integrated Completions and Commissioning Team organization.
- Establishes Integrated Completions and Commissioning Team staffing requirements.
- Is responsible for coordinating and executing TCCC interface and Commissioning activities required by the C&C Plan.
- Coordinates and provides assistance and guidance to Contractor to update the Systems Completion Plan at appropriate Check Points to ensure it is in accordance with the approved Project Systems Completion Strategy. Ensures alignment with Project Engineering, Construction, Quality, Procurement and Start Up/Operations.
- Collaborates with Start-up Manager to ensure a safe and effective execution of Commissioning activities and to ensure all C&C contract requirements are met.
- Manages TCCC and commissioning interfaces between Project Team and EPC Contractors to facilitate successful commissioning and hand-over.
- Coordinates and interfaces with Project Team, Turnover and Acceptance Coordinator, Start-Up Team, and Operations to ensure Ensures Completions and Commissioning Teams are fully conversant with the C&C Model.
- Monitors static and dynamic commissioning activities, assists in resolution of TCCC completion and commissioning related issues to ensure satisfactory quality is attained.
- Provides assistance to Contractors for utilization of a standardized (uniform across all projects) computerized Document Management System (DMS) for tracking, certification, and quality purposes.
- Define the standards and guidelines by which the construction contractor must deliver the assets and supporting documentation.
- Ensure progressive review of all engineering and turnover documents.
- Support the construction contractors during construction completion and pre-commissioning. This includes witness and hold points, exhibit signoff, QA/QC oversight, line cleaning and dryness.
- Manage the completion of all loop and function checks.
- Ensure a safe and effective Electrical Energization plan is developed and adhered to.
- Ensure a level 4 schedule is developed to define the sequence and durations required for system turnover and commissioning. All activities identified from construction completion until project completion. Project resource requirements and critical paths.
- Manage the development of all C&C planning packages.
- Manage the completion of commissioning activities. This may include leak checks, nitrogen purging, flushing, decompression blows, rotating equipment run ins and starts, and first fills.
- Ensure a Pre Start Up Safety Review is completed prior to start up which ensure the asset is safe to operate and / or introduce hazardous energy.
- Ensure a safety program is implemented, adhered to, and reported on. This may include an SOS program, audit program, incident investigation and housekeeping audits.
- Manage the development of a commissioning tracking database and tracking tool. This database will be used to estimate resources and report on progress using a check sheet format with an automated tool.
- Interface with Construction and Turnover managers to ensure milestone schedule is met.
- Participate in weekly CMT meeting to ensure alignment with the project team
- Support the develop and implementation of the Safety In Transition plan. This plan will ensure a safe work environment during the transition phase from construction through commissioning and operation.
- Develop an Organization chart which matches the scope and schedule of the project. Identify resource requirements from both the sustaining organization and external contractors, and ensure resources are in place to support C&C activities
- Manage the identification and procurement of all vendors required to support the C&C team.
- Develop a budget forecast for the commissioning and start up window.
- Manage the permitting and control of hazardous energy for the facility according to the organization's CHEPTW guidelines.
- Manage the forecast and resourcing of final walkdowns and subsequent punch closure verification.
- Develop and distribute a list of system priorities for the turnover and startup of the facility and have this communicated to Project Resources and SCM with this being included in the contract language.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33486