Contract Advisor, Procurement - Oil & Gas
Contract: 12 months
Reporting to the Team Lead, SCM Oilsands Operations the Contract Advisor, Procurement supports the establishment of cost-effective supply of materials using market exercises and negotiations. This role will be primarily involved with supporting procurement requirements within Maintenance, Operations, and other auxiliary Site Service business areas of the Oilsands Operations. This role will support all operational requirements of materials, equipment, and services, partnering closely with various internal stakeholders.
This position is a full-time Contractor, located in our Calgary head office. Some travel to sites is expected.
The Contract Advisor, Procurement is accountable to:
- Expediting material delivery to ensure that the business has the materials and inventory it needs to efficiently schedule and execute business requirements
- Handle procurement and expediting activities related to site requirements, including communicating with suppliers and business stakeholders about the status of materials, problem-solving to reduce impact of late shipment, and maintaining request for quotations.
- Recommend and select the appropriate procurement method to satisfy the business requirement varying in size, value, and complexity
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships that satisfies expectations of the procurement process
- Serve as liaison between business stakeholders and outsider suppliers
- Negotiate orders to achieve best value
- Manage warranty claims with suppliers as required
- Works toward reducing procurement costs, improving efficiency and monitoring compliance.
- May be required to execute tasks and responsibilities not listed in this job description
Key Performance Areas
- Excellent communication skills, including working collaboratively with site leadership, business stakeholders, and suppliers
- Strong negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of the competitive bid process and all associated bid types (RFI's, RFP's, RFQ's, etc)
- A broad understanding of maintenance services and material types
- Looks at bigger picture and is able to determine a resolution to work related issues
- Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in adapting to change
- Highly motivated, self-starter, efficient and focused
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting business stakeholder requirements and expectations
- Demonstrated ability to uncover and challenge underlying assumptions that drive business stakeholder thinking.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary degree in Supply Chain Management, preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a procurement environment
- SCMP designation is considered an asset
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry is an asset
- Knowledge of Procure to Pay (P2P) lifecycle, performance metrics and reporting, and SCM processes
- Experience in ERP systems, including SAP and ARIBA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Capable of working in a fast-paced work environment with dynamically shifting priorities and deadlines.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.