Data Management Integration and Optimization (DMIO) Project Manager
Contract: 12 months with a view to extend
The principal objectives for the Data Management Integration and Optimization Program are to improve data quality, access to data and data governance company-wide (CVE). This will better position the organization to support business imperatives such as growth and agility, increased sustainability for GHG reductions, increased production, and safety performance.
The Data Management Integration and Optimization Program is looking for an experienced Project Manager, with exposure to data initiatives. The selected candidate will lead the team and ensure the business objectives are met. The DMIO Project Manager will work with DMIO Program Manager, Corporate Data Office, and IT to establish and execute projects within the DMIO program.
Downtown Calgary office - 4 days working from the office, 1 day working from home.
The Project Manager will be accountable to achieve the following outcomes:
- Define project scope, objectives and deliverables that support the business goals in collaboration with clients, teams and stakeholders
- Plan and schedule project timelines, workflow and milestones using the Corporate Project Management Office (CPMO) Delivery Execution Framework, tools and processes
- Track project milestones and deliverables, ensuring corrective action is taken, when necessary, to improve project performance
- Utilize the CPMO Delivery Execution Framework, standards and processes throughout entire project execution
- Partner with the Lead, Delivery and Resources CPMO to identify and secure the resources required to execute the project successfully
- Identify possible skill gaps within the team and implement ways for performance improvements, partnering with the Senior Manager, Delivery CPMO where appropriate
- Partner with the Manager, Corporate Change Management to design and implement the appropriate OCM/Business Readiness strategy/plan for the project
- Ensure projects are being delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
In support of the above accountabilities, the Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders, ensuring adherence to the project timeline
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of project team direct and indirect reports to ensure project deliverables are completed accurately, on time and to the required quality assurance standards
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis through formal and informal channels
- Identify, document, track and communicate project risks/issues, and assist in resolution or mitigation
* Perform effective risk management to resolve issues/conflicts that may arise within the project team
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Identifying, reporting and resolving workplace or interpersonal barriers that may affect the team and its performance
- Driving a high-performing team and supporting an employee-engaged culture
- To ensure the successful delivery of expected accountabilities and effective execution of responsibilities, the Project Manager should demonstrate a high proficiency in the following key technical and behavioral competencies:
- Project delivery
- Organizational change management
- Strategy development, business planning & implementation
- Measurement development, deployment, reporting
- Operating model and organization development
- Consulting and coaching
- Leadership, mentorship and people development
- Microsoft Office Suite skills Behavioral Competencies:
- Strategic thinking ability
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing ability
- Change leadership ability
- Influence and impact ability
- Time management and analytical thinking ability
- Attention to detail ability
- Active listening skills with the ability to provide constructive feedback
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Empathy and relationship building ability
- Individual and team leadership ability (transactional and transformational leader)
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
15 years of demonstrated working experience as a Senior Project Manager
Data Management Process/Practices - Intermediate / nice to have
Data Analytics - intermediate / nice to have
Data Warehousing / Data Engineering - intermediate / nice to have
Alation - Nice to have
MDM - Nice to have
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.