In this position, you will be a team member on a cross-functional IT operations team that supports the Surmont site. This role is unique and requires broad knowledge of mobility, desktop and meeting technology.
* Support Dell Windows 10 and O365 both in person and remotely as well as dozens of company wide applications
* Supporting all ConocoPhillips mobility devices including BYOD
* Managing PC and mobility hardware asset inventory using ServiceNow
* Managing orders of IT equipment and supplies
* Manage and coordinate day-to-day operations and relationships with external vendors and escorting site visits.
* Support remote access via VPN Global Protect, Citrix, MFA
* Troubleshooting printing problems by collaborating with the Global Printing team and Ricoh tech.
* Responsible for meeting technologies (A/V) MS Teams room technology at site and develop aptitude to quickly troubleshoot issues as reported (with assistance of off-site colleagues and vendors)
* Resolve complex issues in a timely manner by performing research.
* Cisco Call manager and Unity administrator for VOIP phones.
* Develop aptitude for HP plotter maintenance
* Prioritize safety and an understanding of work permit processes (when required)
* Operate as a catch all for many miscellaneous tasks from padlock programming to LED signage to digital media players to warehouse bar code scanner configuration
* Patching inside network closets with awareness of sensitive fiber network
* Assist Radio or Network techs on occasion
* Occasional light labor (under 50lbs) as required for moves and projects
* Highly team-oriented decision-making due to back-to-back 14 day rotations
* Takes accountability and participates in group decision making
* Excellent communication skills with both clients and peers using ITIL methods and expectation management
* Considerate, cleanly and safety oriented
* Respectful of existing processes while at the same time willing to innovate when called upon
* Technical Diploma or equivalent experience as desk-side support in an enterprise environment
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.