Project Coordinator, Program Integration
Contract: 12 months
Reporting to the Manager, Program Integration, the primary responsibility of the Project Coordinator is to provide project and cost controls support for the ongoing Workplace and Real Estate Capital Program. This position works closely with the Program Integration, Business Opportunity Managers and Project Managers to support planning and managing requests and projects in alignment with the project's goals and priorities. This includes assisting in the completion of stage gate documentation, presentations, status reports, and key assurance activities for all phases from budgeting through to move-ready stages to final project reporting. Some travel to the field may be required.
Project Support and Coordination:
- Schedule and participate in project meetings, taking meeting minutes, completing pre/post meeting deliverables and action items
- Administer permit process as required and assist with logistics
- Assist in the on-boarding of new project team members
- Assist in the creation of project status communications to multiple interests, both written and oral
- Support regular look-backs/forward looks as part of continued improvement and ensuring learnings are applied appropriately into forward projects and work plans
- Support the transition of project activities to Execution teams as part of project close out
- Organize, attend, and participate in assurance activities and stakeholder meetings including tracking engagement
- Assess project risks and issues, provide solutions where applicable and ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective
- Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections
- Analyze invoices to ensure correct products/services were received at the expected cost
- Maintain cost breakdown structure to monitor and steward budgets at the Discipline WBS detail
- Create project cost PO's
- Responsible to validate incurred Cost data from execution team, contractors and other associated groups to identify variances from previous forecast
- Where AFE's are initiated coordinate with execution disciplines for monthly project cost forecasting considering budget requirements consistent with project schedule and trends, changes and progress
- Review and validate actual project costs monthly from forecast costs to identify variances and trends
- Provide monthly accruals, project cost reports, spending profile and other cost status reports
Project Controls and Document Control
- Work with our Records Management team to establish, implement and maintain document control procedures
- Provide document control and knowledge management services
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Work with the project teams to manage change orders
- Maintain communication log, decision log, and project fact sheet throughout the course of the projects.
- Work closely with Project Controls team members to ensure project financials, documentation and protocols are complete, accurately coded and in adherence to budget
- Maintain issue and risk logs to support management and project streams to capture and track mitigation strategies
- Assist in the preparation, coordination and execution of Stage Gate presentations, Requests for Approval, Requests for Information, consultancy agreements, etc.
- Assist in the administration and coordination of all safety orientations and enforcement of safety procedures and protocols in accordance with both project and practices
- Work with the Contract Construction Manager to develop the Safety Program as required
- Work effectively and collaboratively with all other project streams to ensure successful project completion
- Anticipate problems, identify trends and find ways to manage goals under changing circumstances
- Work with project team members to resolve issues and problems
- Initiate and implement continual improvement and best practices, procedures and standards in alignment with priorities and values; including participating in regular look-backs/forward looks and ensuring learnings are applied appropriately into forward work plans
- Protect what matters; Do it Right; Make it Better; Do it together
- Open-minded and inspires the same in others
- Demonstrates an openness and honesty in working relationships
- Effective multitasking abilities and thrives in a fast-paced, highly productive team environment
- Supportive of team members and other relationships to build trust and commitment across teams
- Maintains a conscious balance between work and personal life
- Logical and progressive in thinking - highly organized and methodic to approach
- Education level, certifications, licenses - i.e. PEng, Steam Ticket etc.
- Knowledge of job or industry specific practices or processes; critical/unique skills/knowledge
- Experience directly applicable to the position
Technical skills required:
University or Technical School Graduate
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- 7 years of major oil & gas industry project experience from early stage development planning through construction
- 5 years of experience scheduling with Microsoft Project and Primavera P6
- Experience working on commercial construction projects
- Experience in Mechanical and Engineering support as it relates to commercial construction
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and participate in drawing reviews
- Experience with Document Control practices and procedures
- Experience assisting in the evaluation of RFP's, tender bids
- Familiar with procurement processes
- Familiar with the construction change order process
- Familiar with building regulations and safety codes, safety processes and procedures
- Ability to participate in building site reviews
- Strong communication skill, both written and oral
- Experience with MS Project
- Experience with SharePoint
- Working knowledge of SAP is an asset
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.