Reporting to the Manager, Finance & Planning (F&P) Sales & Marketing, you will be working as an integral member supporting Rack Forward division - our business specifically - as we undergo significant transformation with our systems and business process. This role provides critical operational and performance reporting and analytics for the Retail Operations, Car Wash Marketing and Convenience Store Category Management teams.
· Compile and analyze data to generate weekly and monthly key performance indicator (KPI) reporting using Microsoft Excel and Power BI, drawing on a variety of systems and data sources
· Execute quarterly convenience store competitive benchmarking for distribution to the Retail Leadership Team
· Develop and provide benchmarking and economics for Associate Supplier Program (ASP), supporting and collaborating with the Category Management team
· Support the F&P Sales & Marketing Retail team and other Sales & Marketing stakeholder groups with ad hoc operational and financial analysis and insights
Experience and Education:
· Minimum two years' experience in financial analysis
· Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
· Industry knowledge preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
· Proven critical thinking and analytical skills/mindset with the ability to resolve complex problems
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and advanced Excel skills including knowledge of formulas, pivot tables, macros
· Adaptable to change with the ability to balance competing priorities and produce high-quality deliverables under tight timelines
· Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships and communicate effectively with stakeholders and key business contacts
· Results-oriented with attention to detail and solid organizational and prioritization skills
· Preference for proficient use of MS Power BI with experience creating reports and dashboards
· You will work out of our Calgary head office
· This role will also need to work virtually with employees in the Greater Toronto Area on a regular basis
· Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs (eg. business planning)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.