- You will use your expertise to:
- Scan and index invoices as required
- Review and verify invoices meet invoice submission requirements
- Process invoices that meet standard invoice requirements (e.g. coding, correct legal, tax ID, etc.)
- Apply defined processes to identify invoice discrepancies and follow appropriate actions to resolve discrepancies in a timely manner (e.g., pricing, quantity and payment terms)
- Raise supplier issues and inquiries as needed for effective resolution
- Engage the Team lead, Accounts Payable to obtain approval and resolution on discrepancies which fall outside individual approval tolerances
- Manage the invoice payment schedule and operate within the supplier agreed framework for payment terms, improving discounts and minimizing interest charges
- Develop and maintain methodologies and tools for accounts payable activities
- Required Qualifications/ Experience and Education/ Skills and Knowledge:
- We'd like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- One year of proven experience in an accounts payable role
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in business or accounting
- Working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office, MS Teams
- Strong attention to detail
- Well-developed social skills with the ability to build effective working relationships across diverse groups
- A business mindset with strong judgment, decision-making, and an aptitude for change management
- Alignment with values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, act with integrity
- Working knowledge of Robotic Process Automation software
- Experience working for a large organization in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills in English; bilingualism (French) is an asset
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the 150 - 6th Ave S.W. (subject to province wide restrictions in effect)
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- This is a temporary position
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.