The Data Analyst ensures safety and operations integrity data is managed in an efficient, secure and coordinated manner. This position identifies relationships and trends in safety data and communicates associated insights and improvement opportunities. Key to this role is the ability to develop dashboards and visualizations to display results in meaningful ways to influence business decisions and workflows.
This position reports to the Group Lead, Performance Reporting and Analytics (PRA) within the client's Safety and Operations Integrity organization.
* Partner with key stakeholders to integrate safety and operations integrity data and enhance performance metrics
* Develop self-serve dashboards for safety and operational integrity performance metrics
* Provide data analytics and trending to derive insights, support decision-making and identify improvement opportunities
* Provide support for end users with safety and operations integrity applications and systems * Coordinate with stakeholders to understand their information needs and identify ways to visualize and present information in a user-friendly, intuitive, meaningful manner
* Develop frameworks and processes to analyze unstructured information
* Interact with the Corporate Data Office to understand how information is stored, modeled and tagged
* Collaborate and maintain strong relationships with the Safety and Operations Integrity team and business partners to improve the overall quality, value and benefits from data
* Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in a relevant field of study, e.g. business, data visualization/analytics, computer science, math or statistics
* 10 years of experience in a Data Visualization and Analytics capacity
* Experience in safety management and/or oil and gas industry is preferred
* Strong collaboration and partnering skills
* Story telling and influencing * Strong verbal and written communication
* Dashboard and data visualization platforms (PowerBi, Spotfire)
* Working knowledge in process and/or occupational safety, incident investigation and learning, integrity, and maintenance related applications and performance metrics
* Data and systems management and exposure to computer programming
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.