About this opportunity:
The Sr. data visualization and analytics advisor is responsible for development of our monthly manufacturing scorecard using Power BI data visualization. The scorecard contains a variety of safety, environment and operational performance reporting metrics for which we consolidate into an easy digestible story for management and site level purposes.
This role will collaborate and coordinate with variety of stakeholders and site operations to consolidate and streamline our data processes and automate where possible. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
* In-depth knowledge of PowerBI, including development, building, and maintaining PowerBI workflows
* Data modeling, data transformations, DAX language, visualization, and architecture
* Experience with Power Query
* SQL - experience with different types of databases and writing queries
* Create relationships between data and develop tabular and other multidimensional data models
* Design, develop, test, and deploy Power BI scripts and perform detailed analytics
* Experience in creating data-rich dashboards, writing DAX expressions, and implementing row-level security in Power BI
* Experience in Oil and Gas and familiarity with common data uses (production, financial, etc.)
* Translate information from technical to business and business to technical; understands both worlds
* Knowledge of and ability to create and maintain Microsoft SharePoint (SP Lists), Power Apps and Power Automate workflows
* Generate weekly/monthly scorecard reports for Downstream Manufacturing which includes but is not limited to safety, environment, and operational metrics.
* Attend reporting review meetings and make any adjustments as required from stakeholder feedback and provide general updates on progress.
* Responsible for requirements capturing, functional and non-functional, and analysis for reporting and visualizations.
* Work with stakeholders to understand current state and to identify the future state for the proposed solution.
* Analyze data and identify gaps in the solution, make recommendations for resolving gaps, and monitor results.
* Create data visualizations within Power BI and other modern data visualization solutions.
* Provide troubleshooting support; Seek out and evaluate new improvement opportunities and cross manufacturing efficiencies.
* Use visualization and best practices in different situations to build sophisticated and effective analytic outputs and are adept at building close relationships with both site teams and our data science team members.
* 6 years of experience in developing reporting and visualization solutions utilizing Power BI, or other modern BI solutions
* Experience using advanced visualization features within Power BI: Power BI Embedded Analytics, composite models, Apps, Dashboards, Reports, Tiles, and others-
* Strong working knowledge of SQL coupled with R or Python or VBA scripting
* Ability to solve complex problems with teammates based on best practices when possible and capacity to come up with new and improved ways of delivering results.
* Experience developing mobile dashboards and reports for executives and operational business users
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics, Information Management or a related technical discipline and equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 5 years working in the oil and gas industry or a relevant field.
* Advanced computer skills in MS Office Products (Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Intermediate knowledge of SharePoint.
* Strong results-driven orientation and ability to improve processes for higher business performance.
* High attention to detail and an ability to keep information organized.
* Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and organize multiple concurrent assignments.
* Ability to facilitate project meetings and track minutes and actions.
* Exceptional skills in effectively managing competing priorities, often under pressure and within rigid time constraints.
* Excellent business writing and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to communicate across business functions in an effective and professional manner.
* Highly analytical and results driven.
* Industry experience working in oil and gas or manufacturing.
* Project management certification
* Experience working in a high hazard environment and knowledge in process safety
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.