Development Coordinator - Oil & Gas
Contract: initially until June 2023, with a high likelihood of an extension.
Working within an integrated team of subject matter experts to identify advance inspection technologies and understand inspection process
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the development of digital transformation to support our site-based employees. You will be a key player to help accelerate the pace of digital technology adoption into the business areas using your ability to lead through influence in collaboration with internal and external partners. In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for performing the development of the technology alternatives and facilitating and driving alignment among key stakeholders. We need a strategic thinker who have had exposure to a digital environment to evaluate technology and deliver project streams.?Drawing upon your digital experience, you will work with Technical Product Owners from the business to guide and deliver new digital solutions.
You will use your expertise to:
- Work within integrated teams and lead technology, data, and process work streams through framing, planning and delivery phases of projects, providing day-to-day direction to functional resources
- Support opportunity identification and development of digital technology initiatives which are focused on front-line activities that aim at improving NDE inspection process, data capture and visibility of information in the operating environment
- Conduct market research to review and select new inspection technologies such as robotics and drones applications which can change cost structure.
- Perform customer research to gain insight into the voice of the business and analyze the possible alternatives and the capabilities and qualities that would be most beneficial to the business
- Facilitate and drive alignment among key stakeholders through communication with business / functional areas
- Manage project financials through out the life cycle of the project
- Be the interface between project and technology groups
- Work with and direct business partners providing software and integration services
- Help develop, communicate, and champion a technology strategy and roadmap to support the broader value chain transformation
- Integrate among multiple projects
- Work with integrated team leads to define scopes, boundaries, execution models, and integration needs
- Act as a customer representative across the enterprise
- Support change management and operationalization of new technologies
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 7 years of relevant experience in Engineering or Operations or Business Development is required; some technology focus in previous experience is preferred
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- Extensive experience in industrial technology development
- A deep understanding of how work is performed in the industrial environment, combined with the ability to define new ways of working
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively translate technical language into business language to bridge the gap between business and technical stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial attitude, and an adaptable and flexible working style, as the program is in early stages
- Excellent interpersonal and engagement skills, both verbal and written, with proven communication skills
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Relevant Professional désignation (P. Eng., PMP, etc.)
- Knowledge of upstream and/or downstream operations and plant process, Artificial Intelligence and Digital technologies is required for optimization opportunities.
- Knowledge of nondestructive testing (Dye Penetrant Inspection (FPI), Eddy Current Inspection, Magnetic Particle inspection, Radiographic Inspection, Ultrasonic Inspection) and potential integration with monitoring technology and validation of those technologies and data analysis methods.
- Experience and familiarity with the design thinking process, lean and agile software delivery teams
- A strong development mindset with demonstrable project development experience
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.