Assignment Scope: Purpose
- Accountable for Instrumentation and controls documentation and processes for small projects with in Montney.
- Responsible for input to designs that provide the most reliable and cost-effective instrument & controls systems. Responsible for technical opportunity management, project development, project execution support and management of change for Montney small projects.
- Understands and leverages the application of instrumentation and controls regarding safety, mechanical integrity, design, and maintenance standards.
- Develop engineering work packages for the execution of small I&C opportunities.
- Support the development of deliverables to meet small project, such as instrument index, instrument data sheets, instrument specifications, schematics and wiring diagrams, control narratives, shut down keys, P&IDs as required.
- Provide instrumentation and controls technical support to production areas.
- Work with control system engineers, maintenance supervisors, instrument technicians, and operations to establish priorities for work.
- Provide support to the operation in the HAZOP reviews.
- Provide management, input and guidance on projects as assigned.
- Ensure instrumentation & controls documents are properly created in all document systems (SAP, etc.) for assigned projects.
- Provide cost estimates for potential small I&C projects.
- Support the review of vendor drawings and documents for compliance.
- Support instrumentation requests as required, including as-record and project close outs in INtools.
- Diploma in Instrumentation Technology or Engineering Degree with career focus on I&C
- 5-10 years of Instrumentation & Controls experience in the oil and gas industry with an owner or
- EPC company
- Advanced skill in MS Office; specifically excel
- Experience with INtools
- Comfortable in a multidiscipline work environment
- Experienced in deadline driven project environment
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision, managing multiple projects and tasks in a dynamic teamwork environment.
- Demonstrates desire to use problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop conceptual thinking to the point of practical applications, and an ability to implement these applications in the field.
- Instrument and control systems knowledge.
- Working knowledge of P&IDs, Loop and single line diagrams, Instrument datasheets
- Knowledge and experience with acceptance testing and commissioning of instrument and controls equipment and systems.
- Occasional travel and coordination with site operation
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.