Reporting to the Sr. Manager - SCM Well Delivery & Operations, the incumbent in this position will develop and execute innovative, strategic sourcing strategies and contracts across the client organization, primarily for the Drilling and Completions portfolio.
Typically, s/he will be responsible for categories that are between $5MM to $100MM per category/project. S/he will be dealing with a multi-regional view and vendors that are multinationals.
The Category Advisor will assume accountability for the management of supplier performance and relationship aspects. Working closely with the Business Units, suppliers and other stakeholders, s/he will be responsible for utilizing expertise in the areas of:
(1) Scope Segmentation
(2) Demand Planning and Forecasting
(3) Market Analysis,
(4) Sourcing Options Selection
(5) Tendering and Market Test
(6) Negotiations and Contract Award
(7) Supplier Performance Management
(8) Materials Management and
(9) Application of Best Practices and Lessons Learned to ensure sustainable value for Client and mitigate.
· Post-secondary degree in business related field
· Experience as supply chain professional with an owner organization
· Have previous category management experience
· Able to manage multiple categories effectively and efficiently
· Advanced analytical skills when assessing contracts and spend
· Experience in the MS Office Suite of projects with advanced skills in MS Excel in particular
· SAP experience or similar ERP system
· Excellent relationship building skills and comfortable dealing with highly technical business groups
· Conscious of how Supply Chain interacts with and supports the business units.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.