|Assignment Scope:||The Data Processing Specialist (DPS) is accountable for the administration of the Project Controls database, including, data collection, verification, entry and analysis as well as creating queries, performing data searches and developing project reports and dashboards.
Within the Project Services team, this is an entry level position for an individual who is aspiring to develop a career in Project Controls. All duties will be performed in accordance with Client's HSE policies and SPIRIT values.
The DPS will apply their knowledge in data processing and analysis to the various data sources and project controls principles utilized in the Client's Capital Projects organization.
The successful candidate will have preliminary knowledge of database structures, data interdependencies, storing and retrieving data, generating filters and queries and developing reports from multiple data sources.
As a fast learner, this individual will be provided with on-the job training on the multiple programs and processes used in the collection, storage, processing and retrieval of the project controls data. The DPS will also be expected to learn the principles of project controls, the types of data acquired from construction projects, the basics of the oil and gas industry and the multiple programs used in the management and control of projects.
In addition to the organization, this position might interact closely with other entities such as contractors, suppliers, vendors and subcontractors. Within the organization and the other organizations, this position interacts and coordinates between multiple stakeholders, including but not limited to Engineering, Quality Management, Construction Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Finance, Contracts Administration, Procurement, Expediting, HSE, Transportation, and Logistics.
* Data collection from multiple sources within the Capital Projects organization, both at the home office and at site.
* Review and verification of the accuracy and completeness of the collected data.
* Timely and accurate entry of the data into the Project Services database.
* Acquire knowledge of the project controls principles and processes.
* Apply the acquired project controls knowledge in processing and analyzing the data.
* Generate filters and queries to retrieve data from the database.
* Assist the Project Services team in developing and producing reports to perform meaningful data analysis on their projects.
* Assist in the development of reports and dashboards for the multiple internal stakeholders.
* Assist in the creation of new projects in the database and closing out completed projects.
* Regular maintenance and clean-up of the database.
* Assist in the development of procedures and guidelines to continually improve the processes of data collection, storage and retrieval.
* Effective communication with the multiple projects' stakeholders to build and foster collaborative relationships.
* Work closely with the Project Services team to develop integrated project progress, schedule and cost reports.
* Maintain an electronic document trail to facilitate internal audits of data sources and database accuracy.
* Other duties as required and directed by the Project Controls Leads and/or the Project Services Manager.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and high sense of responsibility.
* Fast learner and enthusiastic self-starter.
* Proficient in the use of the MS Office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Basic knowledge in the use of SiteView, PowerBI, SpotFire and/or SAP will be considered as a plus, but not mandatory.
* Preferably have a technical degree in data processing, data analysis, IT Systems and/or data administration.
* Past experience in construction project controls will be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills, Other:
* Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet tight deadlines.
* Strong technical, interpersonal and team working skills.
* Personal aspiration to develop a career in project controls.
* Demonstrated analytical skills.
* Efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.