Process Safety Engineer
Schedule: Monday to Friday - 1 day work from home.
Contract: 12 months, with a view to extend
Overall Job Summary:
Responsible for providing technical and functional expertise and leadership in process safety for the entity. Additionally, this position will support the implementation and sustainment of Health and Safety processes that are aligned with Operational Integrity Management System (COIMS). Position will help to assure compliance to regulatory standards and statutes for key aspects of Health and Safety specific to the operations of the assigned entity. This position will partner with the entity to promote a High Reliability Organization with a focus on continuous improvement.
1. Maintain a risk analysis process to ensure health and effectiveness of associated risk prevention barriers. This includes major accident hazard (MAH) identification, evaluation of risk and barriers for effectiveness, and assurance of ongoing maintenance of top risks through regularly occurring risk analysis processes.
2. Assure strong usage of MOC and PSSR system to capture all changes to equipment, personnel, and procedures, whether permanent or temporary. Assurance activities to include proper closure and execution of corresponding actions.
3. Support entity with assurance activities on risk management, management of change, PSSR, safe operating envelops and effective MAH barrier health.
4. Coach & mentor entity leadership and personnel within each entity on process safety topics (PHA, MOC, bowties, MAH, etc.) with training, education, and daily interactions.
5. Fostering collaboration between the Deployed Health and Safety team and the Central Health and Safety Team, leveraging the Technical Authorities and multi-disciplinary support as a conduit for communication and continuous improvement.
6. Support the proper classification and investigation of process safety incidents. This includes coaching and mentoring site leadership to own and drive the actions to prevent re-occurrence.
~Related post-secondary education or equivalent experience (Required)
~Highschool diploma or equivalent (Required)
~Professional Engineer (Asset)
~Process Safety Professional Certification (Asset)
~HAZOP and/or LOPA certification (Asset)
~Process Safety Auditing certification (Asset)
-Minimum 3-5 years in a health and safety environment (Required)
-Minimum 3-5 years with Root Cause Analysis and Incident Investigations (Asset)
-Minimum 3-5 years working knowledge of performing safety audits & inspections (Asset)
-Minimum 3-5 years working knowledge of SAP or Enterprise software
-Minimum 3-5 years working with 3rd party consultants and contractors (Asset)
-Minimum 3-5 years process engineering, process safety engineering, operations, or operations management (Required)
-Minimum 3-5 years in oil and gas industry (Required)
-Working knowledge of Regulatory requirements in and oil and gas environment (Required)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.