In this role, you will support several Execution Leads withing the Digitally Optimized Assets (DOA) Program team for all project phases to ensure effective development, execution and handover to operations of project deliverables.
This Program follows the Asset Development and Execution Model (ADEM) with its standardized project management processes and procedures - a large part of this role will also be to support the various stage gate activities related to the project and produce the deliverables to support these activities.
As well, this role will be responsible for the execution and detailed engineering work related to the deployment of various software offerings within the Asset Optimization and Asset Information Workstreams.
- Support the implementation and sustainment of project management systems - including project management of change process, schedule and cost performance tracking, creating documentation to support investment decisions etc.
- Estimate, identify and manage suitable resourcing to support work execution
- Assist the execution lead in budget and schedule adherence in execution
- Maintain all project control items including integrated schedule, risk register, and budget forecasting, project benefits register
- Facilitate various meetings and workshops
- Various administrative tasks as assigned by the Execution Lead including presentation decks, meeting minutes, meeting bookings, agendas, rooms, scheduling Meeting action logs and punch list administration as well as resource on-boarding.
- Ensure the resource forecast hours, vendor SOW estimates are current.
- Ensure the resource incurred hours are captured/updated correctly in the forecast sheet.
- Understand and explain the significant monthly variances between forecast & actuals
- Review AFE and ensure spend is within budget (i.e no AFE violation).
- Assist with funding request as needed
- High proficiency with project management principles: history of in-depth participation in the project life cycle from idea generation through to execution and benefits realization
- Continuous improvement mindset with strong communication and decision-making skills
- Experience and Education:
- Five or more years of experience within a project management environments with preference to individuals that have managed software related projects.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Information Technology related degree.
- Strong collaboration skills and proven ability to work with diverse groups at various levels across the organization
- Non-authoritative leadership skills
- Experience in standing up and development of project management deliverables including development of execution plans, decision support packages, integrated schedules and resourcing plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency with MS Office suite of products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.