This is a great opportunity to put your accounting and analysis expertise to work in a dynamic accounting environment for bitumen production and marketing.
- Execute the Fort Hills (FH) partnership month end cycle, including entries related to production costs, inventory, purchase/sales, intercompany transactions, and intercompany profit eliminations
- Prepare bitumen invoices and related accounting entries for production
- Work closely with the supply, trading and optimization front office to understand and record sales, purchases, and related intercompany transactions
- Prepare monthly stewardship reporting and analysis from a gross/segment perspective for key stakeholders in Finance
- Support the SAP S4 implementation as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for FH crude accounting
- A Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (legacy CA, CMA, or CGA)
- Experience and Education:
- 8 years of experience working with hydrocarbon accounting transactions within an inter-company environment
- An Undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Finance or equivalent education
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong Microsoft Excel and analysis skills
- Proficiency in SAP
- Knowledge of Commodity Trading and Risk Management (CTRM) systems
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to facilitate cross-functional working meetings
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to partner effectively with remote teams and key business contacts
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.