- Act as a Finance point of contact for Fort Hills cross-functional teams (CFTs)
- Support budgeting and long-range planning processes, maintaining cross functional alignment with key stakeholders
- Provide performance analysis, stewardship reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and support for key financial processes
- Identify key cost drivers and potential savings, and work with business contacts to discuss and capture opportunities
- Help coach cost center owners in understanding their role and the use of financial information and performance metrics to drive business improvements
- Five years of relevant analytical experience, particularly previous F&P experiences
- Bachelor degree, preferably in economics, finance, business, or accounting
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Suite and SAP
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and a desire to actively engage with cross functional peers
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- Completion of, or enrollment in, a financial designation or equivalent (CPA, CFA, and/or MBA)
- Proficiency in Power BI, Power Pivot, and / or Power Query
- A solid understanding of maintenance cost flow structure and performance reporting
- Ability to translate data and into key messages for presentation and discussion purposes
- Curiosity and knowledge seeking - You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and reporting practices, in order to understand and apply a broader business and stewardship view
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.