- Provide process engineering support and process design for changes and improvements through the Management of Change (MOC) process, including ownership of changes through to closure
- Provide technical support for capital project development and execution, including up front alternative analysis and recommending design solutions
- Provide technical engineering support through engineering calculations, updates to heat and material balances, annual emissions calculations, process simulation, etc.
- Lead process and environmental incident investigations via structured methodology (e.g. cause mapping, etc.) within area of responsibility, provide engineering calculations or estimates as appropriate, and assist with follow-up action items
- Identify short and long-term equipment improvement and replacement needs
- Provide process monitoring as appropriate to identify problems, opportunities, and deficiencies: work to continuously improve safety, production, efficiency, cost and environmental performance
- Support ongoing Process Safety improvement including developing, updating, and maintaining Safe Operating Limits (SOLs), PSV contingencies, Critical Defeat plans, and PSI (e.g. P&IDs, and PFDs)
- Prepare for and/or participate in unit PHA's, develop Corrective Action Plans to address required follow-up, and steward completion of Corrective Action Plans as appropriate
- Provide troubleshooting support, necessary Operational support (such as development of Alternate Energy Isolations), and plant start up and shut down support on an as needed basis
- Participate in/lead as required, risk reviews and assessments to appropriately manage abnormal operating situations
- Contribute within a team environment and establish strong working relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results
- Maintain a strong safety and environmental compliance focus
- Develop recommendations for continuous improvement to department processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Professional Engineering designation with APEGA
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a chemical or process engineering role
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
- iPRSM experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of process safety management, pressure vessels, piping codes, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors and safety valves
- Competency in incident investigation/root cause analysis and risk-based assessments in chemical processes
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.