Our client, a large Oil & Gas owner/operator organization is looking to add a Project Controls Analyst to their team. This is a 9 month independent contract based in downtown Calgary.
Reporting to the PMO Program Manager, you will be responsible for updating and maintaining the Integrated Project Plan, RAID, and other similar program controls. This will include analysis, progress monitoring and reporting etc. As a Project Controls Analyst you will interact daily with work stream leads either to obtain updates or provide project controls services as required.
- Work with the work streams to maintain the Integrated Project Plan & Milestones.
- Working with the Program Manager and work stream leads, coordinate meetings to identify project & program risks and interdependencies, and baseline the Integrated Project Plan on a predetermined frequency. Baselining includes identifying changes to scope, schedule & cost and ensuring related approvals & documentation are in place before adjusting baselines.
- Support the Program Manager by creating and maintaining the tools/templates & processes to track and manage resourcing, budgeting, scope, and schedule changes across the program.
- Report potential variances to resourcing, scope, budget, and schedules to the PMO in a timely manner.
- At the direction of the Program Manager, support risk & change management processes as required.
- Coordinate the creation and maintenance of the Program RAID, including incorporating RAID items as they apply to program from work streams.
- Perform schedule, resource, and cost and/or risk analysis as required.
- Provide services to the work stream leads in the planning, resourcing and control framework.
- From time to time, PMO members may be asked to provide support in other areas.
- Post-secondary education.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of progressively more responsible work experience in project control within the Oil & Gas/Energy Sector
- Advanced skill with MS products, especially expertise in Excel and Project, as well as Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles and processes, and a proven ability to apply this knowledge in the project control of large and complex undertakings, especially those related to scope, schedule, resourcing, cost, risk, and change control.
- Formal Project Management training and financial acumen would be assets.
- Advanced level capability in the development of project schedules/plans.
- Proven ability to conduct variance analysis on project schedule, resourcing and cost performance.
- Project risk management experience and/or knowledge would be a strong asset.
- Attention to detail, analytic abilities, a 'service' mind-set and reporting are essential to this role.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with others.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33890