Our client, a leading Oil & Gas owner/operator organization is looking to add a Senior Project Controls Specialist to their Calgary team for a 1 year independent contract.
Reporting to Manager of Project Controls, this individual will providing an in-depth and well rounded set of project control services in the areas of planning/scheduling, budgeting, cost control, project management, progress and performance analysis etc.
- Responsible to develop, maintain and continuously improve all aspects of project planning / scheduling and Cost Control.
- Develop and maintain Work Breakdown Structure, Work Packages, Control Accounts and the Cost Breakdown Structure for assigned project.
- Responsible for the producing effective scheduling reports, cost reports, incurred cost flow reports and forecast for the project.
- Develop, review, and evaluate schedule management involving the critical path method of scheduling techniques, estimating change notices, project incurred / actual costs management, change management process (scope changes, non-scope changes etc.)
- Onboarding and continuous stewardship of Engineering, procurement and Construction contractors to the organization's project controls requirements for early compliance to the contractual controls obligations and standards.
- Provide a Project Control view of the development scope of work on projects
- Provide project progress and performance earned value (EV) verification, compares planned, forecast and actual hours, key quantity installed and trend in the field, cost control and explains variances;
- Identify future potential cost / schedule forecast through data-analytics and makes a judgment regarding its impacts.
- Coordinate the preparation, consolidation and analysis of project reports assuming responsibility for its overall accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Collaborate with functional counter-parts like PC Estimating, Regional Development, Construction, Supply Chain, Finance, and Project Governance to achieve project goals.
- Working with contractors and functional counterparts, works on the month-end reporting w.r.t schedule and cost variance analysis, project performance metrics, and stewardship process per required timelines.
- 12 - 15 years of project controls experience in the Oil & Gas Industry within the field or the home office.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant field
- performance management in a major projects environment a requirement
- Experience in various phases and stages of the projects will be an advantage
- Additional experience in cost estimating fundamentals, and risk management an asset
- Ability to be hands-on in planning /scheduling, Cost Control to support critical project needs and meeting tight deliverable deadlines
- Working knowledge of SAP, EcoSys, Primavera, Microsoft office etc.
- The Individual may be required to travel to site during the construction phase of the project.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33453