Our client who is a leading Oil and Gas company are currently looking for a Domestic Tax Supervisor in Calgary on a Permanent basis.
- Responsible for activities supporting the financial close process, account reconciliations and supporting financial pronouncements and tax technical research, as applicable.
- Reviews functions of more junior staff and prepares technical memoranda for Tax Managers in support of tax technical positions taken in the financial statements and statutory tax filings.
- Supports audit defence of tax positions taken, in addition to considering planning opportunities to optimize the company's effective tax rate and/or cash tax position.
- May assist with the identification, implementation and maintenance of internal controls. In addition to their area of strength, they should be generally comfortable with the fundamentals across the group they supervise.
- Responsible for the career development, requiring the supervision of personnel within their technical focus and administers personnel related functions.
- Assist in, and oversee the preparation of domestic income tax and indirect tax compliance
- Ensures the timely and accurate preparation of monthly tax provisions
- Work with income tax and indirect tax auditors to ensure timely submission of all audit requests
- Work with the Regional Tax Manager on tax planning and other tax related projects
- Requires an undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field and 5 years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and competency.
- Excellent personal communications skills and ability to work in team environment a must.
- CPA designation with familiarity of the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in tax and accounting roles preferred
- Completion of or enrolled in the CICA In-Depth Tax Program preferred
- Experience in Canadian corporate income tax compliance, Canadian indirect tax, and tax provision strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel preferred
- Experience using Taxprep, SAP and Hyperion considered an asset
- Eligible to work in Canada
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH28577