Our client, a large renewables organization is looking to add a Chemical Commissioning Specialist/Operator to their team for a 5 - 6 month independent contract based in Edmonton. This is a local Edmonton position with a rotation of 4 days on, 5 days off.
The Commissioning Specialist will work with other technical and/or professional staff, consultants and contractors to ensure the successful ramp up of plant production.
* Operate the process safely and reliably by performing routine operating tasks (monitor levels, temperatures, pressures, flow rates, etc.)
* Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions or perform optimizations on equipment such as centrifuges, conveyor systems, gas compressors, various types of pumps
* Make safety the top priority and incorporate this and demonstrate it in all tasks
* Ensure work permits are completed properly and issued in a timely manner
* Participate in the lock out and safe out of equipment for maintenance
* Have a keen eye for signs of trouble with mechanical equipment during inspection rounds; report abnormal conditions
* Intervene in the event of an emergency or a disruption to protect people, stabilize the process, and protect the environment
* Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and standards of quality and safety at work
* Communicate with team leads, technical personnel and other resources to support the commissioning scope
* Work as a team to ensure continuous improvement of commissioning service delivery
* Attend/ participate in shift team meetings and safety meetings
* Contribute to the improvement of standard operating procedures and training materials
* 10 - 15 years of experience with the Oil & Gas Industry, with a focus in gas plant production, treatment and compression
* Fourth or Third class Power Engineering Certificate
* Experience in alcohol distillation would be considered an asset
* Strong experience working with P&ID's
* Ability to understand and follow all safety, environmental, quality and operational procedures and policies are primary responsibilities
* Sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work in a team and collaborate
* Ability to perform with minimal direct supervision
* Concern for the safety of individuals and for the protection of the environment
* Openness to technological innovation
* Ability to operate mobile equipment such as forklift, telehandler, and man lift preferred
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH33418