Project Engineer - Cooling Towers
Petroplan are currently recruiting a highly bespoke vacancy for an Ontario based engineering company. This company is part a global enterprise which employs over 15,000 people across multiple industries. For this role, the selected candidate will work alongside the Industrial Water Engineering group carrying out Project based assignments, this position will encompass Project Management, Sales Assistance, Estimations, Proposals and Planning.
For this position, the candidates can be based in Toronto ON, Edmonton AB or if required can work from home if highly experienced.
Candidates at varying levels of seniority and experience will be considered but a solid understanding of thermodynamics is essential.
- Support product / development testing and design activities, and prepare product and design scopes.
- Produce ratings and performance curves of thermal efficiencies to assist sales teams for proposals.
- Produce thermal ratings for new and existing product lines.
- Manages all project planning; i.e., clearly define scope and ensure clarity of project technical schedule and budget requirements, performs cash flow planning, manpower loading models; responsible for developing and maintaining required project records.
- Prepare Bill of Material (BOM) for projects.
- Review RFQ's and mechanical & structural design specifications to ensure they meet engineering and safety standards.
- Works with or acts as Proposal Manager on customer requirements; i.e., reviews RFP (Request for Proposal) and specification, coordinates with sales and marketing to determine scope of work and is responsible for scope definition, prepares and/or approves all cost estimates, develops preliminary implementation plan, may assist in the estimating, proposal, and sales process, controls final negotiations on engineering/construction project.
- This job does require a certain amount of travel as required.
- Takes ownership to urgent issues in fast paced environments.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on multifaceted tasks and projects.
- Be detail oriented, and able to commit too and support a structured process to goal realization.
- P.Eng from either Mechanical, Chemical, or Civil Engineering discipline with equivalent industry experience
- Strong understanding of thermodynamics and mechanical components working with Industrial Water systems and with higher emphasis in Industrial Cooling Towers.
- 5 years industry experience in Cooling Tower Engineering, Heat Transfer Fluid Systems, Project Management, and Project Estimation.
- A solid understanding of technical drawings and software packages such as AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH31090