Senior Process Engineer
Reporting to the Reliability Engineering Lead, the Senior Process Engineer will provide technical support for the Project, and is accountable for performing process optimizations of solutions to deliver work-scopes in a timely manner.
- Main focus of this role is for support of the project to find ways to eliminate current facility and subsurface production flow limitations.
- Work closely with process engineers within reliability Engineering team and Operations support team, including mentorship.
- Perform sensitivity and optimization studies using HYSYS process model for optimum operating strategy.
- Re-define swivel flow velocity limitations by optimizing flowrates beyond current API-RP14E limitations.
- Establish meter accuracies for High Pressure Separator for allocation testing to allow less frequent well-testing.
- Support new initiatives requiring process engineering as part of brainstorming sessions within the Optimization project.
- Provide day-to-day well optimization support by collaborating with the production optimization team, ensuring production is optimized at all times.
- Manage, drive and steward 3rd party process engineering support, including initiation, management and verification of work-scopes performed by EPF-contractor
- Provide technical support for process engineers; participate in discussions and way forward on different issues.
- Assist in trouble-shooting and optimization of production volumes as required.
- Resolve production/process related technical Queries (TQs), ensuring adherence to MOC-process.
- Work closely with Production Engineering in developing optimized operating envelopes for oil production.
- Interface with other engineering disciplines as required..
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering and Professional Engineering designation.
- Minimum 8 years related experience in the petro-chemical/ oil and gas business with desired experience in fixed and floating production systems, topsides facilities, subsea facilities and offshore operations support.
- Experienced using HYSYS process modeling tool for offshore production optimization.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in process engineering, trouble-shooting and debottle-necking
- Experience leading projects, managing 3rd party support contractors and delivering work-scopes on time.
- Collaborative, seeking input from several sources and ability to lead through influence.
- Knowledge and experience in environmental, safety and loss prevention process and practices.
Key Attributes, Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written, oral, and computer communication skills
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work proactively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Computer fluent in HYSYS process modeling tool
- Originality and ingenuity required for devising practical and economical solutions to problems
- Demonstrated knowledge of company policies and procedures, industry practices, standards, rules and regulations
- Focus on continuous improvement of quality, processes and design integrity
The position will provide support to Operations, often with very short and urgent deadlines. The job will be located onshore in an office environment with the possibility of infrequent trips offshore to the FPSO. Extended hours of work may be required during turnarounds and other project work.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30705