Job Posting Title: Leasing Advisor
Description: POSITION SUMMARY:
In this role, you will be negotiating Commercial Rental Unit (CRU) land lease contracts for a Branded Retail and Commercial fuel facilities located in Western Canada. The successful candidate can expect to be involved in all aspects of the leasing cycle including acquisitions, divestitures, and property management. Additionally this role is responsible for carriage of expropriation matters and coordination with municipalities and other 3rd parties any business interruption activities.
* Reviewing proposed transactions regarding CRU Lease Land sale agreements
* Negotiating CRU Lease, Land sale agreements
* Working and consulting with internal and external legal counsel
* Working closely with the Contracts Administrator in drafting and execution of lease contracts and related amendments
* Preparing and reviewing correspondence, legal documentation and advising the client group
* Expropriation file management
* Providing monthly reports and updates
* Working with the Development Team on special projects, acquisitions and divestitures
* A university degree or equivalent education
* Minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant commercial real estate experience in a multi location environment
* Excellent understanding of contracts and related contract law
* Advance computer skills including proficiency in MS Office
* A high degree of initiative and self-motivation
* Good judgment in dealing with confidential business issues
* Ability to work independently
* Exceptional planning, organizing, problem solving and negotiating skills
* Excellent oral, business writing and listening skills
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong team player
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (CONSIDERED ASSETS):
* Commercial Real Estate License or Appraiser Designation
* Basic knowledge of the North American retail and commercial industry
Job Posting Start Date: 2021-09-13
Job Posting End Date: 2022-03-12
Business Unit: Downstream
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.