Job Title: Project Manager
The Project Manager will be responsible to complete all aspects of projects as assigned in this fast-paced, multi-faceted role that we are looking for. The Project Manager must possess the knowledge, experience, and confidence to engage and professionally interact with design professionals, consultants and client(s) while successfully completing the role of Business Development, Project Manager, Site Superintendent and Estimator as well as other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget. The Project Manager works closely with the client and prime consultant for the project and fulfills an integral role on the project. The Project Manager must be a professional and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self-development within the company.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Completion of Post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline.
· Minimum three years of related work experience as a Project Manager for a general contractor.
· Minimum three years' experience as a Superintendent on small to medium scope, commercial construction projects.
· Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality and consistently delivering projects on time and within the budget.
· Minimum three years of related work experience as an Estimator for a general contractor
· Experience with Bluebeam, BuildingConnected and other estimating assisting software
· Proven and quantifiable business development growth in previous roles.
· Familiarity with commercial construction methodology and practices.
· Able to plan and manage to a project schedule (MS Project experience).
· Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete and protect the company's interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform.
· Excellent management, contract negotiation and organizational skills.
· Knowledge of construction costs and budgets.
· Experience and understanding of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving, and transporting.
· Proven track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners and consultants.
· Able to anticipate stakeholder needs, investigate the underlying causes and identify short and long term solutions.
· Able to understand and present complex ideas while anticipating potential objections.
· Proven ability to influence and persuade others to adapt to a certain point of view.
· Demonstrated ability to lead a team and achieve results.
· Anticipates patterns and links; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications; generates new solutions to complex problems.
· A Security Clearance is required as a condition of employment.
· Able to travel is required, drivers abstract required
· Professional, punctual, meticulous and diligent.
· Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the Client Team.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.