Sr. Site Superintendent, Full-Time Permanent
Our client offers a full spectrum of general contractor, property development, facility maintenance and property leasing services. Headquartered in Calgary, with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia, there services include initial facility design, consultation, construction through to leasing, and more. Their vision is to provide excellent service to all customers focusing on Safety, Quality, Consistency and Customer Service.
The company is seeking an experienced Site Superintendent to support our growing/expanding operations in Kelowna.
The position of the Sr. Site Superintendent, requires an experienced, motivated, and disciplined individual responsible for the supervision of all construction activities, subcontractors, and crew on a work site, ensuring specifications, schedule, safety requirements and budget are met.
- Manage work on site and collaborate with the project team to ensure project(s) are built according to the approved plans, specifications, drawings, and applicable building codes.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship, safety and efficiency.
- Manage and promote the overall site safety program as required, including subcontractor compliance with standards, Project Specific Safety Plan (PSSP) and all applicable Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) acts, regulations and codes.
- Manage all project site administration activities including procurement, progress reports and safety reporting.
- Ensure high quality standards are maintained in compliance with the Project Quality Program (PQP).
- Develop, maintain, and drive the construction schedule; ensure project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Attend project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project(s) ongoing progression.
- Coordinate the daily activities of construction trades and subcontractors and use corrective actions to keep the project on time and on budget.
- Self-perform work when necessary.
- Assess and assist in risk management.
- Assist in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems.
- Maintain a tidy and orderly work area exhibiting pride in work performance and contributing to a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure exceptional, courteous, and respectful customer service.
- Lead, comply with and participate in the Company's Health & Safety and Quality programs and initiatives.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Construction related degree/diploma and/or carpenter trade certification/education required.
- Gold Seal and/or LEED certification or accreditation is preferred.
- 5 to 10 years' experience as a Superintendent on small to medium commercial construction projects.
- Proven ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality and consistently.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and within the budget.
- Skilled at promoting teamwork and managing multiple resources (people, trades, material, equipment).
- First Aid, CPR and construction safety training certification an asset.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Project, CADD, SharePoint and Adobe.
- Able to work collaboratively as a productive member of the Team.
- Clear criminal background check will be required.
What they can offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits for Full-Time Employees with minimal premiums.
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Group Retirement Plan including Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan (DPSP) and a Group RRSP for Full Time Employees.
- A discretionary bonus program based on over all company performance.
- An incredible work environment focused on hard work, fun and celebrating our successes.
Career advancement opportunities in a variety of industries through the Grou
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.