As Quantity Surveyor, you will have responsibility of delivery in terms of cost, budgets, preparation and submission of cost reports to management. You will be expected to complete monthly cost reports and maintain all schedules and spreadsheets relating to the reports, weekly reporting of expected/project revenue, letting, managing and certifying payments to Contractor and Sub-Contractors, Preparing schedules to assist buying department and assisting in the tender process, preparing Bills of Quantities and schedules from drawings and specifications.
The Quantity Surveyor must be experienced in both brownfield and Greenfield projects. Quantity Surveyor must understand importance of scope definition, execution on project cost and must be able to identify and present key cost drivers for a project.
Head office based
- MTOs reviews with EPC Company and validate.
- Maintain and validate Key Quantities throughout project and advise management of any changes in terms of cost.
- Preparation of Schedules of Rates and Bills of Quantities
- Take off & measurement of work/material quantities from sketches and drawings for estimators.
- Development of tender packages
- Development of contracting / procurement strategies
- Vendor pre-qualifications / market testing
- Tender evaluation
- Pricing of changes
- Approximate quantity models
- Quantity audits
- Progress measurement
- Progress and performance audit
- Review and approve new rates proposed by Contractor
- Quantity aspects of claims and disputes
- Audit and review of project cost plans
- Project cost control
- Project cost reporting
- Cost risk analysis
- Change control
- Management of reimbursable contracts
- Audit and review of contractual documentation
- Claims preparation / dispute resolution
- Contractor's monthly review
Senior Quantity Surveyor
- University qualifications : B.Sc. in Quantity Surveying OR Equivalent
- Other certifications: Professional designation from one or more of the following:
1) Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
2) Member of Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (PQS)
- 10 years related experience in oil and gas industry as a Senior Quantity Surveyor
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
- University qualifications : B.Sc. or Diploma in Quantity Surveying OR Equivalent
- 5 years related experience in oil and gas industry as a Quantity Surveyor
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work with team members to produce quantity surveying deliverables in a timely manner.
- Good interpersonal, analytical, organizational and communication skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential.
- A self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to provide personal and technical mentorship to junior staff members & extended teams
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at head office and site simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- The Quantity Surveyor will be assigned to work from Calgary offices
- Be willing to travel to a site location as needed basis.
- Candidate must be an energetic person who is self-starting, take initiatives, has a high degree of personal integrity, high standard business ethics, good communication acumen and fluent in English language.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com