- Position Title: Inspection Specialist
- Specify if rate is all-in (includes vendor mark-up fee's): Not including vendor mark ups
- Is travel required? Yes - mostly driving. Based in Montreal but also covers Ottawa and Rimouski. Both would be driving trips.
- Work Location: Montreal, QC
- Term (start and end date): January to Dec. 31, 2022
- Schedule: 40hrs/week, 8 hrs/day
- Job Overview:
- Reporting to the Team Lead, Reliability, the Inspection Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of inspection and quality assurance programs and systems that are aligned with the Maintenance and Reliability (M&R) standards, as well as Distribution's Integrity Management Systems. The Inspection Specialist will be accountable for setting up inspection programs based on industry standards and support the execution, sustainment and continuous improvement of the program. They would be the subject matter expert for interpretation of inspection findings, recommendations and risk-based scope review.
- Key Accountabilities:
- Prepare tank inspection and repair scopes for any tank inspection projects, working closely with the projects team to provide ongoing technical support during the projects
- Review and define priorities and scope for follow-up work from baseline piping inspection reports completed at the terminals.
- Provides technical support for repairs on static equipment
- Audit and investigate compliance to industry regulatory requirements as it pertains to fixed assets
- Defines the technical scope and supports the maintenance coordinators during execution of pressure equipment inspections, both vessels and relief devices, and pipelines in accordance with all applicable codes and regulations at the terminal, and ensures the terminal's pressure equipment meets the requirements of SEPP and Jurisdictional requirements;
- Responsible for maintaining and improving reliability of pressure equipment through expertise in materials, metallurgy, corrosion mechanisms, failure analysis and risk management processes.
- Works with the Reliability Inspection Specialist (Calgary-based) to implement quality control requirements at site. This may include:
- Qualifications, training and skills of the inspection contractors conducting NDE work on the site meet the requirements of CGSB, ASNT, API, or other applicable codes;
- Welding qualifications for of contract welders brought to Terminals
- Compliance to all governing codes and regulations regarding new or repaired equipment, and responsible for recommending solutions to chronic materials problems and continuously improving the fixed equipment PM/PD program;
- Quality construction work packages (CWP) and Inspection Test Plans (ITPs)
- Works with other Inspection Specialists to make a step change in documentation management and assist the corporate transition to SAP and Meridium /APM (Integrity Database).
- Reviews and evaluates recommendations and actions proposed by reliability specialists and engineers when required.
- Required Qualifications, Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- Accredited technical school diploma (Materials Technologist) or a degree (Materials Engineering) in related technology;
- 10 or more years of inspection experience in a refinery / petrochemical / oil and gas industry setting is required
- Certifications from American Petroleum Institute (API) in API 510 and 570 is required
- Certifications in API 571 and 580 are preferred
- Demonstrated ability to consolidate, organize and file inspection history is an asset
- Passion for improving integrity and inspection processes is an asset
- Detailed knowledge and understanding is required for the following standards and practices in API Standard 12-C, 650, 653, 526, RP 574, RP 576, RP 576, RP 1595, RP 2207, RP 2610, RP 2611, CSA B51, NB 23, ASME Section I, II, IV, V, VIII
- Expertise with Quality Management Systems and Integrity Management Programs
- Strong computer skills, and Inspection software tools like API RBI, PCMS or Meridium is an asset
- Demonstrated Non-Authoritative Leadership skills to influence terminal operations.
- Working knowledge of Distribution operations and industry oil movement process
- Strong organization skills - will be working on multiple priorities in different phases across all Distribution terminals
- Safety and environment focused - ensure programs and processes can be executed safely, remaining compliant to standards and expectations
- Bilingual communication is required for Quebec-based roles
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.