Maintenance Engineer - Static Equipment
- Provide day to day Asset Integrity Support (piping, valves, and pressure vessels) for engineering and maintenance related tasks based on priorities assigned by maintenance engineering lead,
- Support onshore operations, including technical advice, procedure development, and leadership where required for onshore repairs, major failures, and planning of major offshore repairs,
- Support campaign maintenance planning and preparation activities through detailed work definition and respond to requests for engineering support related to stationary pressure equipment,
- Resolve urgent technical queries (TQ's) within the maintenance engineering team,
- Specify temporary repairs for piping and pressure vessels and capture technical justification within a TQ response,
- Review and stamp all piping drawings created in-house,
- Ensure adherence to the management of change (MOC) policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and professional engineering designation,
- Minimum 10 years related experience in the petro-chemical/oil and gas business with desired experience in fixed and floating production systems, topsides facilities and offshore operations support,
- In-depth knowledge of ASME B31.3, along with familiarity with ASME Section VIII Div. 1 and Div. 2,
- Working knowledge of ASME PCC-1, PCC-2, API 510, API 570 & API 579,
- Knowledge and experience in environmental, safety and loss prevention process and practices,
- Familiarity with surface protection products, NDE techniques and applications,
- Knowledge of Transport Canada Regulations and Lloyd's Register ship rules,
- Computer fluent in MS/Office and experience with SAP,
- Ability to integrate into a diverse team of individuals.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment,
- Strong sense of ownership, with demonstrated interpersonal and analytical skills,
- Understand complex processes and strive to develop and implement continuous improvement and creative process enhancements.
- Work will be out of the St. John's office location, with possibility of trips to the FPSO located in Bull Arm, NL,
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with potential of extended work hours during the turnaround and other project work,
- This position is safety sensitive
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.