- Position Title: Procurement Specialist, Turnaround Services
- Work Location: Sarnia Refinery
- Term (start and end date): ASAP. Interview/select in early to mid-October and start early November, 1 year contract
- Schedule: Standard 40 hour week, Monday - Friday.
- May be required during intense preparation phases, up to 10 hours weekly, November - March
- Will definitely be required during the turnaround event which is 45-ish days in May/June. Expect to work 6x10 schedule for sure, possibly 6x12
- Job Overview & Key Accountabilities
- Serve as the primary buyer for Turnaround services. This involves working with the planning team to understand scope, advising on commercial strategies, requesting / collecting / comparing quotes and issuing purchase orders for both on site and off site service work.
- Work closely with the Turnaround Planning, Finance & Execution teams to ensure that purchase orders and vendor communications accurately reflect our expectations for planned, safe, efficient, cost-effective work.
- You will often be the first point of contact for supplier questions and either answer them directly or ensure appropriate stakeholders are engaged.
- A degree of administration is required including monitoring PO overspend, closing out old PO's, and supporting post-event audit work if/as required.
- You will serve as the primary backfill for our Turnaround materials buyer.
- Required Qualifications, Experience, Education, Skills & Knowledge:
- Prefer 5 years working in a procurement capacity, preferably in oil and gas and preferably in the Sarnia market
- Prefer strong SAP, Excel, MS Word, MS Teams capabilities. Exposure to Primavera scheduling is a bonus.
- Prefer turnaround exposure over steady state / base maintenance work. Bonus if you have turnaround field exposure.
- While a small part of the job, need the physical capability to walk down jobs in the field with suppliers which includes a degree of walking on rough surfaces, climbing, and doing these in varying weather conditions.
- Prefer relevant educational background - some combination of work experience plus
- Degree / diploma / certificate program in purchasing, and/or
- Degree / diploma / certificate program in related fields such as business
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.