Contract position managing all contracts for assigned mining capital projects from conception through execution and completion. Responsible for post contract administration and management of all contract matters relating to the obligations and duties of both parties.
Analysis all contracts including the conditions, scope, and other Works information to identify requirements and deliverables and to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts, or deviations from the scope of work. Makes recommendations to the Project Managers on the mitigation of these risks. Closely monitors and supports remedial actions and recommends appropriate actions.
- Develops and manages appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Supervises and provides guidance to other project team members to ensure technical competence and consistency of administration across several contract packages and to ensure that customer-related actions or inactions which could result in constructive contract changes are identified and make recommendations on their resolution.
- Develops and manages procedures to recognize and identify contract claims as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Maintains a good working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Project Controls, Procurement, Legal, Project Management and Risk Management to facilitate organizational interfaces to support contract administration.
- Provides the Project Manager with reviews and analysis of the contract commitment data and payments position and assists Project Controls with the in the development and maintenance of overall cost management.
- Responsible for adherence to contract insurance provisions and ensures implementation of all requirements.
- Ensures the requirements of good corporate governance is understood by members of the Project Management team and takes early actions to correct any deviations from good governance practices.
- Provides reporting, ensures technical competency and consistency across all projects and provides information and guidance to the Project Management team. Job Scope Information
- Nature of Work - Works on complex issues and implements solutions mostly through the determination of strategy and delegation to others in a group or functional area.
- Level of Interaction - Often collaborates with managers and/or functional or site leaders and has some interaction with external colleagues.
- Autonomy/Decision making - Works under limited supervision and has significant latitude to set objectives, priorities and timelines that may impact a group or functional area within the company.
- Budgetary responsibility - Prepares budget for review by others by pulling all components together and making recommendations.
- Managerial responsibility - Manages supervisors or mid-level professional individual contributors. Minimum Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED and ten (10) years experience in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering, OR · Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering and six (6) years experience in Supply Chain or the related fields of Business, Accounting, or Engineering
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of commercial contracts management
- Work involves frequent travel, international assignments, and relocation to the site of work
- Proficient in the use of personal computers in a business environment. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, essential Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with large copper production and related facilities
- Prior EPCM experience preferred · Heavy industrial construction commercial management experience
- Working as a team member (Client, EPCM & Contractors)
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.