Our client, a large midstream oil & gas organization is looking to add a Senior Electrical Engineer to their team for a 1 year independent contract based in Edmonton. This position is set to cover a maternity leave for the client, however, there is a possibility of extension afterwards for the right individual.
- Ensure ongoing safe and compliant performance of electrical infrastructure by providing creative and cost-effective solutions for non-routine design, construction, maintenance, operational and compliance issues to Operations, Projects, Asset Management, PCSLD and other groups.
- Perform three-phase power system design and analysis using SKM software. This includes load flow and voltage drop calculations, impact of motor starting, fault analysis, short circuit protective coordination and arc flash hazard studies.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain protective relay settings for electrical equipment and their associated controls.
- Identify project scenarios that require electrical system modelling for Power System Analysis to ensure proposed designs are operable under normal and abnormal conditions.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of protective relay settings for electrical equipment and their associated controls.
- Conduct technical reviews of electrical design for LP/MP projects including equipment selection and equipment test reports, with a focus on safe and reliable electrical design.
- Provide engineering support for the commissioning and startup of systems in the areas of electrical power infrastructure and power conversion applications including substation equipment, switchgear, protective relaying, medium voltage electrical power distribution etc.
- Coordinate or guide in electrical failure analyses and investigations and recommend action plans to prevent similar failures in future. Review and provide expert advice on electrical failure analyses and investigations performed by others.
Must Have Qualifications
- 7 years of experience within the Energy Industry
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering is required
- P.ENG certification is highly desirable
- Previous substation equipment experience is highly desirable
- SKM software proficiency
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH32470