Our client, a leading Oil & Gas Midstream organization is looking to a Regional Environmental Coordinator to their team. This is a 1 year contract based in Edmonton.
The Regional Environmental Coordinator will take responsibility for environmental planning, permitting, and environmental inspection coordination as it applies to the project's reclamation digging. They require a broad understanding of the environmental field as well as specialized knowledge of regulatory processes and environmental mitigation as it applies to construction work.
* Accountable for the environmental planning process including the preparation of environmental assessments reports, public information sessions, the acquisition of permits, and cost estimating.
* Coordinate the government and public review of completed environmental assessments.
* Work with federal, provincial and local agencies to secured approvals and ensure environmental compliance of projects.
* Monitor compliance with environmental permits and conditions during construction and insure post construction environmental permit compliance.
* Provide necessary assistance to project managers and company construction staff to ensure project is environmentally sound and promote environmental stewardship.
* Establish viable working relationships with various government agencies and agency personnel.
* Manage environmental aspect of multiple projects simultaneously, including management of consultants and adherence to schedule and budget.
* Ensure valued membership of project teams by providing timely and accurate information to internal clients.
* Focus is on achieving general objectives by working independently to manage their time, approach to technical problems, and work priorities.
* Problem solve by applying standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures, or using methods developed in previous assignments.
* Solve atypical or specialized problems in consultation with their people leader.
* Daily contact with internal stakeholders, including: project teams and project leadership; regulatory and compliance groups; and Environmental systems group;
* External stakeholder contacts typically occur on a weekly to monthly frequency, including consultants, provincial and federal regulators, and nongovernment organizations.
* A post-secondary degree or higher in an environmental or related field.
* Minimum 7 - 10 years of environmental experience within the Oil & Gas Industry with exposure to the midstream / upstream sectors being an asset.
* Previous Reclamation Digging Exposure is highly desirable
* Familiarity with environmental assessment methodologies and permitting.
* Familiarity with best management practices for environmental protection.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with minimal supervision.
* Strong interpersonal skills, focused internally and externally, at all levels
* Demonstrated capability in ensuring strong linkages both inside and outside of the organization
* Demonstrates a willingness to implement new ideas within acceptable boundaries
* Ability to apply strategic solutions to issues
* MS Office Proficiency
* Excellent organizational skills.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34855