The HSE Lead - CGS reports to the Projects HSEQ Manager and takes the lead on behalf of the Manager in programs related to the areas of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) for the LQ construction in Marystown, NL. This role provides advice to the Construction Manager on the implementation and progress of the safety management system to achieve a zero incident culture at site. Additionally this role liaises with the Regulatory bodies as required and other stakeholders specifically on incident management and safety issues.
- Responsible for contractor's oversight in implementation of the Developments Standards and requirements during all phases of the CGS construction.
- Promote the overall projects KPI's
- Review all contractor plans and monitor implementation
- Responsible for ensuring that Contractor's HSE Plan(s) requirements and commitments are adhered to;
- Support site team on regulatory requirements during fabrication, construction work scopes as requested.
- Oversee Contractor's emergency response & security planning as per project requirements.
- Act as liaison for HSE on behalf of our client
- Responsible for contractor's oversight in Incident Management;
- Perform HSE audits & Inspections as per audit schedule and as required
- Compile statistical analysis data and performance reports.
- Participate in project risk assessments.
- Responsible for the coordination of HSEQ improvement opportunities, including regulatory compliance, audits, inspections and matters relating to health and hygiene.
- Responsible for keeping management apprised on any health and safety issues that are notable on site.
- Implement HSEQ improvement initiatives as appropriate and providing HSEQ advice as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring the site has adequate HSE support/coverage during all phases of the project.
Must Have Qualifications:
- 15 years of experience on LQ projects
- 10 years in a lead HSE Role
- Formal education in Health Safety and Environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Provincial Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Legislation.
Nice to Have Qualifications:
- Training in Investigative techniques.
- Training in Fall arrest, Confined Space, Behavior Based Safety
- CRSP designation.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29082