Our client, a leading Oil & Gas Operator are currently looking for an Application Release Planner, for a 12 month contract based in Calgary, starting in September.
This individual will be reporting to the Team lead, the Applications Release Planner is responsible for the planning and coordination of all phases and activities involved in the release of a system or new system features into the production environment. This includes release planning, scheduling, execution, risk management activities and change management processes.
- Track and monitor release progress and escalate issues to appropriate stakeholders
- Identify necessary management structures for features releases and ensure all key stakeholders are informed and involved
- Manage assigned internal and external resources within the scope of the project, provide a collaborative and performance driven environment
- Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate release risks
- Ensure that release and change deliverables are executed in accordance with IS methodologies and meets business requirements, where applicable
- Effectively manage teams' time and allocate resources to ensure deliverables are completed
- Forecast internal resource capacity by tracking the progress of releases across allocated area
- Estimate project costs and manage allocations across allocated area, including related scope control
- Complete regular reporting and change request processes, including scheduling, schedule tracking of planned vs actuals (time, resources and cost)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a contributor to the success of a range of projects or releases
- Minimum of 2 years of experience applying project management processes, techniques and tools
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office, Project, and Visio
- Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business partners; can consolidate requirements and translate them into IS Deliverables
- Experienced in managing multiple dependencies between changes; can recognize and manage risks and issues, can allocate tasks and monitor execution performance, and can effectively present and consolidate change status reports
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
NICE to HAVE Qualifications:
- College diploma or university degree in Business or Information Systems or equivalent
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- ITIL Foundations
- 2 years' experience working within IT in an oil and gas domain
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH28937