Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a part of an agile scrum team, contributing to the development of the Pason Power product line
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other software developers
- Participate in Code Reviews
- Integrate web applications with backend services, including AWS hosted web-services, Lambdas, databases (relational and NoSQL), as well as IoT transport mechanisms
- Interface with the UX team to deliver visually appealing and easily approachable web applications
- Troubleshoot and provide timely solutions to production issues
- Participate in team technical discussions, challenge ideas and present solutions and approaches to be considered by the team
- Participate and contribute in weekly Agile meetings, discuss and present work accomplished and provide constructive feedback to help improve the team
- Contribute to our evolving development environment through research, experiment with new technologies and attend conferences or courses. Educate your peers on what you have learned.
- Maintain and expand our suite of automated tests
- Implement security best practices and protections in our web applications and with our customer data
- Understand and contribute to the development of system architecture
- Travel to Houston 1-2 weeks per year to work in person with our technical team there
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in Python, Java, C/C /C#, or other back-end languages
- Understanding of React.js or similar web frameworks
- Experience with databases (relational and NoSQL)
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Proficient in Linux
- Experience in integration and unit testing
- Ability to work in a team or as an individual
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience working with hardware / Internet of Things (IoT) device control systems
- Familiar with container technologies (Docker)
- Familiar with messaging protocols such as MQTT or AMQP
- Build automation / continuous integration / continuous delivery experience
- Experience Working in cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc)
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30206