Our client, a large Oil & Gas Organization is looking to add a Senior Project Engineer for a 1 year independent contract with the high possibility of long term extension for the right individual. Candidates have to be St John's Newfoundland locals.
As a senior team member, the Senior Project Engineer - Marine will provide oversight to multiple marine scopes to ensure the standards, processes and procedures established for the project are being followed. Working closely with the project services team, you will ensure change management process is followed in a timely manner. At points you may act as single point of contact on the organization's behalf for assigned scopes and you will continuously explores opportunities to improve safety and operational efficiency of marine activities for the project.
Some international travel may be required (to Europe or Texas) once every month or two to support the project; travel will be reimbursed as required.
* Be the conduit for all change management documentation for the marine scope
* Provide technical advisory to marine team to ensure best practices are being applied
* Reviewing and commenting on technical documents, procedures and project management documentation
* Maintain the marine risk register and participate in risk assessments
* Participate in technical and project management meetings with contractors and other team members
* Act as a leader, mentor, and escalation path for 2 direct reports
* Other tasks as required
Must Have Requirements:
* 15 or more years of experience in contractor management for marine operations activities
* 15 or more years of experience in the application of HSEQ principals in marine operations
* 15 or more years of experience in planning and execution of complex marine operations projects
* Engineering Degree in Ocean Engineering or Naval Architecture
* P. Eng
* Must be Eligible to work within Canada
Nice to Have Requirements :
* 5 years of experience in the management of regulatory approvals in Newfoundland
* 5 years of experience in the application of project risk management and change management processes
* PMP - Project Management Professional
* Mariners Ticket
* Experience in marine dredging operations
* Experience in tow-out and installation of concrete marine structures
* Experience in marine rock installation
* Experience in the planning of SIMOPS
* Experience in ocean going transportation of large topsides
* Experience in float-over operations for large topsides
* Contracting models for marine construction
* Understanding of planning principles for marine operations
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH29752