Terminal Manager - Newfoundland
Seeking candidates with relevant training and experience for the full-time position of Terminal Manager in Newfoundland. This role requires travel between work sites in Newfoundland and Labrador. The ideal candidate is one that is able and willing to step in when required to ensure all works are complete.
- Reporting to the General Manager, the Terminal Manager will actively supervise staff and coordinate the port resources for the completion of a variety of tasks between clients and projects in the port.
- Manage and coordinate vessel loading and discharge - including staffing and supervisor management as required to load and unload materials safely and efficiently.
- Oversee and coordinate labour and equipment availability for work to be carried out.
- Manage and lead safe working environments and procedures for employees, contractors and customers.
- Ensure accuracy in reporting and all documentation.
- Act as the main liaison with clients and officials.
- Monitor, measure, coach and develop direct reports, ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Provide feedback, recognition and evaluations on performance of staff, ensuring any corrective actions are fully implemented.
- Post-secondary training or relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years' Project Management experience.
- Previous experience in the Maritime industry is preferred.
- Excellent communicator, leader and negotiator.
- The ability to utilize investigative and audit tools and processes
- Requires the handling of mineral concentrates and chemical reagents.
- Experience with cargo management and computerized inventory systems is preferred.
- Equipment operating experience and/or provincial licenses to operate forklift/telehandler would be an asset.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30542