This position provides technical expertise and support to address reliability and integrity related issues on pipelines.
This individual will interface and work closely with various key stakeholders such as Operations personnel, Service Providers (In-Line Inspection/ Pigging contractors, Chemical suppliers, CP Vendors, Condition Monitoring Vendors, NDE Vendors etc.), Maintenance contactors, Projects group etc. to ensure effective assurance programs and continuous improvements for pipeline integrity and reliability.
The individual must be well versed in pipe integrity threats and hazards, Canada/ US pipeline regulations, and pipeline codes and standards.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical support on the selection, development, implementation and sustainment of effective assurance/mitigation plans, monitoring and inspection programs for pipelines.
- Lead and/or participate in pipeline risk assessments, engineering assessments, pipeline failure investigations, internal/external audits, failure analysis and repairs
- Coordinate, interface with and provide technical direction to service providers in regard to pipeline integrity management programs e.g. chemical mitigation, cathodic protection, protective coatings, in-line inspection, monitoring and other mitigation
- Providing in house training on Pipeline Integrity Management
- Providing technical input to and or development of engineering specifications, standards and procedures
- Participation in industry associations, workgroups (i.e. NACE, UPIMA, CAPP etc.) workshops and conferences.
Must have qualifications:
- Engineering Degree in a related engineering discipline
- Registered as a Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 15 years engineering, with 8 years' experience working in a pipeline integrity engineering role
- NACE Certification(s)/Training (Cathodic Protection, Coatings, Pipelines, Material Selection, Corrosion, Chemical Treatment, ICDA, ECDA, NACE MR 0175
- Formal training in integrity specializations (Risk Assessment, ILI, Defect Assessment, Repairs, CP, Internal Corrosion Control, Coatings) and Management Systems
- Knowledge and experience in risk assessment, fitness for service assessments, root cause analysis, pipeline inspection techniques, crack managements, defect analysis, corrosion control and mitigation (e.g. coating, chemical treatments, maintenance pigging) and cathodic protection systems.
- Working knowledge of nonmetallic pipelines integrity management
- Experience with the Provincial and Federal Regulatory (AER, BCOGC, NEB, MER) requirements and Codes (API) and standards (CSA) and fully qualified to apply engineering standards relevant to the pipeline industry, including CSA Z662, API Standards, and NEB, Alberta, and Saskatchewan Pipeline Regulations.
Nice to have Qualifications:
- API Certifications (1169, 570, 579, 510, 653, 571, 580 etc.)
- Previous experience with SAP
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH34853