Senior Manager- Mineral Processing
Location: Toronto, Ontario
The successful candidate will:
* Contribute to the development of a strategic vision and lead or support company-wide technology initiatives in Mineral Processing (milling, pre-concentration & concentration) of complex ore bodies, in challenging jurisdictions:
Design, coordinate and implement plant optimization & growth programs
Advise, plan and supervise Mineral Processing technology evaluation and development in Innovation for new projects and mine expansions ? test and develop technology breakthroughs through several new mineral processing initiatives (in gold and copper mining);
* Deliver results by closely working with the clients internal experts in related subjects identifying challenges of major significance, assembling and coordinating high-quality teams in technological identification and development for implementation to resolve these challenges;
* Create and maintain an outstanding network of experts and a comprehensive technology portfolio in Mineral Processing.
* Be a company-wide expert on mineral processing
* Lead the further development and implementation of our mineral processing technology strategy & vision
* Manage the strategic mineral processing technology initiatives, focusing on value addition to our operations
* Take an active role on mining challenges & growth projects at our projects and flagship operations
* Develop & maintain partnerships in support of the key initiatives
* Support priorities and needs related to mineral processing technologies.
* Post graduate degree (M.Eng) or higher
* 10-15 years of experience in Mineral Processing in the technology awareness, evaluation, development and implementation field
* Knowledge of a broad range of technologies, potentially outside the mining industry, which can be potentially leveraged
* Ability to develop an understanding of the economics and the engineering of the proposed solutions so that the solution is driven by technical, financial and business considerations
* Experience in the operation of mines is an attractive competence
* Exposure to a global matrix organization.
* Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
* Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
* Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills, with a courteous and pleasant customer service focus
* Works well under pressure, change and ambiguity
* Effective project management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Capability to multi-task, self-manage and self-motivate
* Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Ref No: BBBH30081