- Job Overview:
- Key Accountabilities:
- Identify opportunities and apply advanced control and real time optimization strategies to achieve improvements in process efficiency, reliability and safety.
- Use statistical process control methods to create accurate models that predict, monitor and/or control operating processes
- Maintain advanced process control software and hardware infrastructure
- Develop and maintain advanced analyzer models to determine accurate real-time measurement of challenging process variables
- Work within integrated project teams and business stakeholders on various near real time optimization projects, which includes activities such as: scoping study development, benefit analysis, solution design and review, data collection and modeling, soft sensor development, operator interface development, process simulation, commissioning, and operator training
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 4 years of work experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with mainstream DCS, APC and RTO platforms
- A bachelor's degree in engineering
- An entrepreneurial attitude, and an adaptable and flexible working style, as the program is in early stages
- Excellent interpersonal and engagement skills, both verbal and written, with proven communication skills
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Eligible for membership with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
- Advanced degree (Masters and/or Ph.D.) in engineering
- Experience leading APC/RTO projects, including selection, implementation, integration, and training on new systems and platforms
- Understanding of advanced analytics techniques and statistical analysis
- Experience of developing and maintaining advanced analyzer models
- Exposure to operations, and/or experience in more than one area of the company value chain
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon planning technology (LP models, optimizers, etc.) and planning processes
- Familiarity with ADEM, the Agile mindset, and agile delivery methods
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.